Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,779   Online: 853

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Lux: open-source 3D printed camera

Lux. Also with links to Duo, a previous effort which uses Mamiya lenses+shutters but provides an open source body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Free Camera design?? Woohoo!!

Now all I need is a $15k 3d printer to print it...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Or, you could just buy a $300 'flex. You'd get strap lugs too, along w/ a real WLF, superior German build quality, a better shutter.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have contacted with one of rapid printing services and they wanted 300 euro or may be 400 dollars for the shell of a canon body. Not internals but the outer shell. 20 dollar zeiss ikon takes 10000 times better images than that camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So cool. I'm very excited to see what he does next.

I don't know how anyone could be negative about someone making new film cameras and pricing them accordingly to what they are.
    Last edited by horacekenneth; 01-16-2014 at 09:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's an impractical exercise driven by poor engineering and has no style. That's not negative thinking, that's an accurate description

But it does spark some discussion outside the normal film circles and I give it a free pass because of that

If there is a next generation that acquires an artistic designer for the shell and he gets over his fear of doublets then I'll be happier for everyone involved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or, you could just buy a cheap d*gital camera and....

I myself welcome everything and anything that goes under the category "film". And I welcome all DIY projects, since they embody much of that attitude I like about film: not taking the easy route, doing things myself, using tools that aren't mainstream.

There are many great examples of contemporary pieces of photographic engineering with style. Unfortunately most of them don't take 120 film, nor can I build them myself should I want to...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dunno about the camera, but the microprocessor-controlled shutter is very interesting.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin