Switch to English Language Passer en langue franēaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,186   Online: 873

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Compur Shutter repairs

I need to do some work on a Compur Rapid shutter, mounted in a Bessa. I have already cleaned the shutter blades, but it seems I will have to go into the gears. Therefore, I need the assembly charts, as detailed as possible. Does anyone have a hint ? Thanks in advance ! Wouter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

repair manual

Wouter,
    if you do a Google with 'compur rapid' and 'repair', you would come up with links like this:

http://manuals4less.com/shutters.htm

where you can get a booklet for the rapid shutter for $10

which on the one hand is a rip off, but on the other would be a great help. We bought a copy of a Linhof 220 exploded view for $25 some place else, but it was well worth it.

Or try here:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-88.html

but rick discusses the compur shutter only, not the rapid kind! Still, it might be useful.

Good luck!
    the medform-norm team

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I of course did the google search and some sites came up. None however offers detailed charts for downloading, free. One has some pictures but isn“t detailed enough. If nothing comes up I“ll buy one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a compur shutter repair manual in electronic form. Now where it is on my computer is another story. I will do a search for it when I get home this evening, and let you know if i find it.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would be very grateful, it would be a great help. I hope to hear from you !

Shooter
    Medium Format

Found it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5 View Post
    I have a compur shutter repair manual in electronic form. Now where it is on my computer is another story. I will do a search for it when I get home this evening, and let you know if i find it.
    Hi, have you found the manual yet?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a copy online here

Don't be put off by the front page being in french - The manual it's self is a series of jpeg scans of a 1966 manual.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Paul,

I tried to print the manual at the link you gave, but all I get there is the first page. How do I print the rest of the manual?

Smiff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Jdude804596
    I tried to print the manual at the link you gave, but all I get there is the first page. How do I print the rest of the manual?
    It isn't a pdf document, so I guess you'd have to display the page(s) you want and print each one individually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Boy, this has more parts than a Boeing 727!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin