Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,210   Online: 891

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "best" way to fix a loose lens is to take it to a camera repairer.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Ben

That is the easiest way but if you reread the OP it was a request for hints for a DIY job...

Lots of Nikon lenses are beaten up users with little resale value, many people do their own camera maintenance, the Nikon lenses are to a high build standard. But Id not recommend you start repair training with a Nikon lens.

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I fixed a loose Nikon lens barrel by tightening small screws under a rubber grip ring on outer cylinder.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    I fixed a loose Nikon lens barrel by tightening small screws under a rubber grip ring on outer cylinder.
    Well I've not seen that but different Nikon lenses do have different mechanical arrangements but even more distressingly Nikon have varied simple parts during production of the same lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems to be a well known problem with the 1:2/35 mm Nikkor that the grease of the focussing helicoid dries up and the focussing torque gets a loose feeling. If you cannot dismantle, clean and relubricate it yourself, send it to a camera repair shop for a CLA. It should not cost very much for this excellent lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    +1. From the description, this is the problem, and it is very easy to fix.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Sorry I may have not properly described the "issue" I'm experiencing. The focus ring is indeed "loose" as in it focuses very fast, but I don't mind that part really, what I do mind however is that when the lens is mounted on my camera, I can actually wiggle the entire lens barrel just a bit.
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    Sorry I may have not properly described the "issue" I'm experiencing. The focus ring is indeed "loose" as in it focuses very fast, but I don't mind that part really, what I do mind however is that when the lens is mounted on my camera, I can actually wiggle the entire lens barrel just a bit.
    Hi Abram
    you have options
    ignore
    take or send to repair man google orange county Nikon...
    or do it yourself
    normally it is just the little amount of grease Nikon used migrating and one removes and replaces.
    One can use a very light weight grease as Nikon did or a medium grease if you prefer resistance.
    Any good camera repair person should be able to do but it is a waste unless it will rattle when you shake it.
    If you rebuild your auto it is easy yourself otherwise generic repair person.
    Noel

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have found that the bronze springs on the lens mount can become flattened out, resulting in a wobbly lens. I use a small round nose pliers to give them a little extra curve to reduce the wobble.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Over the years, I had several Nikkor lenses with loose elements. I just chalked it up to poor quality control. The lenses were bought new.

That's the price you pay for spot checks, as well as lower prices.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin