Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,593   Online: 699

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yashica Mat repair help

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with my new Yashica Mat. I took off the face of the camera and I can fire the shutter when it is off the camera. When I put the camera back together, the mechanism that cocks the shutter is not aligning properly and it is unable to cock the shutter (seems to slip past it- or gets stuck and I back off so not to force anything). There is nothing that looks bent so I think I am doing something wrong in aligning something? Everything seems to work well independently. Thanks for any help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could send to Mark Hama. Money well spent.

Shooter
    35mm
    flickr.com/danfogel
    Leica M2, Olympus 35RC, Olympus 35EC, Olympus Trip 35

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Javajolt View Post
    Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with my new Yashica Mat. I took off the face of the camera and I can fire the shutter when it is off the camera. When I put the camera back together, the mechanism that cocks the shutter is not aligning properly and it is unable to cock the shutter (seems to slip past it- or gets stuck and I back off so not to force anything). There is nothing that looks bent so I think I am doing something wrong in aligning something? Everything seems to work well independently. Thanks for any help.
    Welcome to APUG. Did you take the face off because it was not working or for some other reason?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Its gonna be hard to diagnose this without some very detailed photos. I have disassembled my 124 (non G) 10 or so times chasing down gremlins (some that I made while working on it.) There are a couple of different fronts plates that all attach to each other, so guessing which linkage without pictures is nearly impossible.

I recommend taking lots of digital shots after taking each piece off. Hopefully you are doing this and can share those shots.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin