Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,682   Online: 782

Shooter
    35mm

Weltaflex Front Cover Removal

Hello all,
    I've recently picked up a Weltaflex TLR that is in need of a lot of love. I've got it fairly well apart but the front trim cover is blocking access to the shutter/aperture of the Prontor-SVS. The front cover is secured by 4 screws under leatherette. Which I've removed. It's removal is also prevented by the outermost portion of the focusing lens. The silver "ring" in the image below.

It has no lands or notches to put a tool into and this is also true on the back.

I've had plenty of cameras apart but TLR's are new to me. If someone can help me figure out how to get this loose, or perhaps how I'm going about removing the trim piece wrong, or accessing the shutter/aperture wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Keith

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm pretty sure you just need something to securely grip the lens surround from the front, and twist it off like a jar lid.

Shooter
    35mm
    That did the trick. It crossed my mind prior to posting but I was afraid I'd destroy it if it wasn't threaded in.

Guess I just needed someone else to say "grab hold of that sucker and give it a twist."

Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin