Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,671   Online: 868

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

how to disassembly Rolleiflex 3.5f shutter speed drum and aperture drum

does anybody know how to disassembly the shutter speed drum and aperture drum around the sucher lens
    thanks so much for help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140201_171031.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't know how to do these things, may I gently advise you not to try. That 3.5f is a marvelous camera.

I don't know where you are, but I sent my older K4B to Harry Fleenor. http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

It was not really that expensive and he returned a very useable camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i am living in germany, where rolleiflex is at home. i am interesting to study how the whole metering mechanism works, so i would like to do it myself.
    thanks for the advise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy Rollei parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also do ausbildung in any of the reputed Rollei repair centers in Germany. Please, do not do it by yourself unless you know how to.

I once opened the Isolette III top to clean the rangefinder and realized how miniature and delicate are those screws and parts. I may never do it again.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you done this sort of thing yourself?

The Rollei 3.5f is a fairly complex camera. I'm not suggesting you aren't up to it, but it can take a fair bit of time
    and effort to do even simple things.

I think most of us would rather take pictures. The Rolleiflex 3.5f is one lovely camera.

There are manuals available on line for these things. Try- http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/repairmanuals.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have read the manual. it's nearly useless, because it didn't give any information about the disassembly. there were only sketch in the manual, which were very hard to understand.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I do not remember the term for this type of manual but it is for the experienced technician. It is basically an Illustrated Parts Breakdown. The numbers correspond to the assembly order. You have to look at different sections to find all of the information for each model covered. Compur uses the same type of manual. They're easy to follow once you get the hang of it but getting the hang can be like trying to climb a 90° rock face that is over 100 meters high with only a small rope in your hand that is attached to you only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't care how clever you are sir, you stand a chance of damaging a rather valuable camera.

Cost of repair on these isn't prohibitively expensive and since you live in Germany you may have the creme de la creme
    of Rolleiflex technicians close by.

When you have repaired as many as a thousand cameras in a career, as some of these people may have done, you get rather adept at it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If I had one and it was dead I would give it a go. Even if I failed and quit it could still be serviced and put into operation by an experienced technician. now, where did i put that hammer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin