Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,431   Online: 829

Shooter
    35mm

Olympus 35RC, misaligned aperture readout.

I have a little Oly 35RC. It works fine, but the readout of the aperture in the viewfinder is misaligned. When I set it at f22 I see the needle settling at the f16 dot in the finder, when I set it at f16 I see f11, etc. Can the be fixed? It is not much of trouble and it works in Auto well, but I would like to fix the readout too.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are some notes on this page that may be helpful: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-134.html

There's no information specifically on your question, but once you get under the lid, the solution may become apparent.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for that link. Indeed it is pretty descriptive on dismantling it. It seems that it will be a long process, I will arrange an extra long weekend to deal with it.
    Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have discovered more to that. Not only the aperture reading in the viewfinder looks misaligned, but also the shutter opens asymmetrically. When selecting something like f/5.6 or f/8, it seems like the blade at the lower right (viewing from the back) does not fully open. I wonder if there is some spring not acting as it should in here.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin