Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,939   Online: 937

Shooter
    35mm

top removal from Canon A-1

I have removed the top from several Canon AE-1 bodies. It is not really difficult; it just takes patience.

My question is this: has anyone removed the top from the A-1? Are there dangers involved here, or is it rather straightforward? I am worried about all the levers and switches on that top: are they integral to the top or are there things that could get lost in the process? Do the hot shoe screws have to be removed, also?

I need to do this because the strap lugs are slightly loose and I am afraid that one might come off. I want to tighten the screw securing the lug. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 03-04-2014 at 02:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No to the hot shoe screws.
    The camera does have a couple of "C"(1-2) clips that need to be removed. Rewind shaft/ISO collar.
    The best thing is that it doesn't have that silly tungsten wire to couple the meter.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you John.

I do hate those 'C' clips, however, because they can easily go flying if one is not careful. I think that I will place a tiny plastic bag over it to catch it if it tries to fly away. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think there's something hinky about the shutter reelase too. Can't remember exactly what it is.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin