Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,137   Online: 846

Shooter
    35mm

Nned help with a couple of SX70 Alphas

I have two of these and they are both exhibiting the same behavior.

Here is what happens:
    Insert cartridge, close the door, and the shutter closes.
    I manually run the gears a bit and run a full cycle. Sometimes it catches and will complete a normal cycle clunk (mirror), whir clickthunk and goes back to the proper start position.

At this point, the shutter is open, the mirror is up and I can see through the lens.

After that, when I press the button and the shutter closes until I let go, much like the B shutter setting on many cameras. But that's all it does.

Both cameras respond the same way which makes me think there is something wrong with my battery setup.

I am using cells from a 9 volt battery to power the cameras. (5 AAAA cells generate 7 volts, using 4 to get 6V was not enough to get any response because they came out just under 6v.)

I dont have an empty film holer witha good battery, so I had to make something and I dont wanna blow $20+ on dead cameras.

Any help or advice would be wonderful.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You have film in it? According to the specs, the film pack has a 6V battery that is needed to power the camera's electronics. I can't figure out from your post exactly what is going on there. I have had cameras that required certain batteries and simply substituting different ones to get the right voltage wouldn't work, they needed the called-for battery to get the correct amperage too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're going to need a proper film pack/battery combination to properly test that camera. There's probably someone here who can ship you an empty film pack with a working battery. Heck, I probably have an empty Impossible pack somewhere in my apartment, but that might take a day of cleaning to find.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think you guys might be right about the film packs, I just dont have any and don't know anyone that has a polaroid to get a pack from.

I think it may be that my taped together battery is just not getting enough conductivity to pull the amps through.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I'll get those packs sent to you this week. Wait till you get the packs before pulling the cameras apart.

Shooter
    35mm
    That would be awesome, I just hope I haven't burned anything up at 7 volts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin