Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,752   Online: 1110

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Anamorphosis, Anamorphic Cylindrical Lens Paintings and Making Similar Camera ?

I am looking for your ideas to make a camera and lens or mirror exactly replicates below paintings :

Vera Bugatti

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vera-Bugatti-Anamorphic-portrait-mirror.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	84900

Istvan Orosz

Name:	757px-Anamorph_with_column0.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	84901

And an forgotten painter

Name:	511Fpszuv-L.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	84902

I have posted an article on a russian research thesis on anamorphic lens design history,methodologies,toric,ellipsoid,cylindrical lens design , their aberrations in to articles section.

May be if We can reach a common point on the raw shape of lens or mirror or box , We can go in to the calculations. I want quality and I want to keep pinhole is a later exit but may be its large depth of field is better for get a all clear image but I am open to every ideas.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-22-2014 at 06:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have just thought , an camera lens which focuses the image on to cylinder mirror and a photographic paper under the mirror can do something. I dont know how to calculate the curves , focal lenghts or image size and full sharpness.

I have extremelly sharp and extremelly heavy Kodak Fluro Ektar 111mm f:1.5. For using 8x10 or bigger paper at the bottom of the cylinder mirror , what would be the cylinder height and diameter ? What about lens and mirror distance? What about the final image all sharpness ? Is pinhole a must or lenses are usable ?

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-22-2014 at 06:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Final word , how can we formulate the working of mirrors , lenses , film , paper sizes , distances , image sharpness , image size . I really would like to get your attention to build a foundation .

Thank you,

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-22-2014 at 07:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I thought these are achieved from perspective viewpoint and have nothing to do with lens design.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin