Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,208   Online: 996

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Need advice repairing my SRT Super (102)

I got this SRT Super and figured it was cool enough to repair instead of replace. I've read that the SRT Super is the Asian market SRT 102.

The issue is this:

The advance lever wont advance. I can fully depress the shutter button but nothing happens. The DOF preview button is jammed. I can hold the shutter button down and advance the lever but the curtains dont move. The mirror doesn't move at all. I have the bottom plate off and it looks like the shutter is cocked. The large spring is under tension. None of my poking and prodding releases the shutter. I figure I have to some how release the shutter so I can advance the frame to get a better idea of whats going on. If all else fails I have to strip it down the the mirror box and look inside I think. I want to avoid that because I have never desolder/resoldered a camera before. I was hoping to make it my main Minolta shooter. Any adavice? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulls Road View Post
    I got this SRT Super and figured it was cool enough to repair instead of replace. I've read that the SRT Super is the Asian market SRT 102.

The issue is this:

The advance lever wont advance. I can fully depress the shutter button but nothing happens. The DOF preview button is jammed. I can hold the shutter button down and advance the lever but the curtains dont move. The mirror doesn't move at all. I have the bottom plate off and it looks like the shutter is cocked. The large spring is under tension. None of my poking and prodding releases the shutter. I figure I have to some how release the shutter so I can advance the frame to get a better idea of whats going on. If all else fails I have to strip it down the the mirror box and look inside I think. I want to avoid that because I have never desolder/resoldered a camera before. I was hoping to make it my main Minolta shooter. Any adavice? Thanks.
    I've gotten a couple Minolta's that the self timer was stuck and causing this issue. Is the self timer lever in the set position? It should be straight up if it not set. And do not completely disassemble the camera yet. I don't think that is your issue. The repair manual is available online. Most likely whatever is hanging up can be accessed through the bottom plate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I bought the camera with the self timer partly through its cycle, maybe around the 10 o'clock area. I pushed the little button and it continued without issue so I figured it was okay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Skulls
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well thank you. Been a member for two years now but haven't posted much. Spend a lot of time on RFF, Pentaxforums, and mflenses. Too many good forums!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I messed with the self timer and there was no change. Main spring is still under tension and the mirror/shutter never moves.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The hardest thing there is. A totally jammed 35 and no apparent reason. And no amount of poking an prodding will get the thing to cycle. Supreme frustration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And it would feel so silly to send it out for a CLA just because it says "SRT Super" on the front and not SRT 102. Any old SRT 102 would be exactly the same. I have an SRT 201 that works and I'm using it as a guide. Have both bottom plates off the cameras and trying to see what is supposed to be moving and what isn't. There are some differences but all in all its pretty similar. The root of the problem seems to be deeper than the bottom plate. Something that moves the shutter curtains. Or maybe all I need to do is unscrew the arm holding the spring tension and somehow release it. Ugh...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Something to try would be to lift the mirror, and pull the curtains to the wind side and let them snap closed.
    If they snap across the film aperture they are tripped/released.

Does the sprocket move at all? It should be free if you press the rewind button and move it with a finger. When advanced, it should only move when the film's advanced.
    There's a gear system under the top cover that advances film and cocks the shutter. It's under a plate or two but sits at the rear of the camera, wind side.
    FWIW,
    There's a hidden screw under the little lens index on the front. A drop of alcohol on it and a straight pin work well to pop it off.
    When you are set to remove the top, Set the speed to B and film speed to the highest ASA. Minolta used a string to couple the meter. Mark the pulley & frame so it goes back the way it started.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I couldn't get the curtain to move without feeling like I'd rip it out.

The sprocket moves freely after pushing the rewind button, doesn't move otherwise. I'm trying to get the lens index off as we speak. Thanks for chiming in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin