Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,446   Posts: 1,643,418   Online: 917

Thread: ground glass

Shooter
    Multi Format

ground glass

Hey Ya'll, I've been trying to locate a ground glass for my 2X3 crown graphic and not having much luck.I did find one or two on e-bay but $16.00 plus $6.50 for shipping sounds a little pricey. Am I being too cheap or is there a better solution? Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If that's a price for a good ground glass that you know will fit, it's a good price. Don't sweat it.

I have replaced two broken ground glasses. The first one was for a 4x5 press camera -- I made my own with glass I cut from a picture frame, and grinding compound. It worked fine, but took half a day to get the needed items and to grind to spec. Total cost was probably $25. The second was is for my Graflex Graphic View II. I bought a new-old-stock ground glass from the local camera shop (I think for a Linhof) and cut it to fit. Cost was probably $40.

So if you can buy a ground glass that fits and is ready to go, at that price, just do it.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try Lee Valley. Should cost under $5 for a hundred or under $1 for 10
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    $25 or less for a ground glass is a fair/good price. Some Specialty glass run $50+.

The Crown Graphic uses 5 #2 x 3/8 self taping screws, wood screws can be used as a substitute, and 1 #1 x 3/8 flat head wood screw for either the Graphic (spring) or Graflok (international) back.
    http://www.boltdepot.com/Catalog.asp...FVKFfgodFGkApQ
    Model railroad stores
    Hobby stores.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin