Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,650   Online: 981

Thread: ground glass

Shooter
    Multi Format

ground glass

Hey Ya'll, I've been trying to locate a ground glass for my 2X3 crown graphic and not having much luck.I did find one or two on e-bay but $16.00 plus $6.50 for shipping sounds a little pricey. Am I being too cheap or is there a better solution? Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If that's a price for a good ground glass that you know will fit, it's a good price. Don't sweat it.

I have replaced two broken ground glasses. The first one was for a 4x5 press camera -- I made my own with glass I cut from a picture frame, and grinding compound. It worked fine, but took half a day to get the needed items and to grind to spec. Total cost was probably $25. The second was is for my Graflex Graphic View II. I bought a new-old-stock ground glass from the local camera shop (I think for a Linhof) and cut it to fit. Cost was probably $40.

So if you can buy a ground glass that fits and is ready to go, at that price, just do it.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    35mm

parts

Parts can be a problem. I need six #2 screws for my 4x5 Crown Graphic back. I could by 100 for $50, six hand-machined ones for $40. The big box hardware stores had nothing like them. I finally found some at Radio Shack. They are the right size and length, according to the official manual for the camera. But they are too long. The manual is wrong, at least for my camera. I am not a happy camper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also post your question at www.graflex.org forum
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try Lee Valley. Should cost under $5 for a hundred or under $1 for 10
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    $25 or less for a ground glass is a fair/good price. Some Specialty glass run $50+.

The Crown Graphic uses 5 #2 x 3/8 self taping screws, wood screws can be used as a substitute, and 1 #1 x 3/8 flat head wood screw for either the Graphic (spring) or Graflok (international) back.
    http://www.boltdepot.com/Catalog.asp...FVKFfgodFGkApQ
    Model railroad stores
    Hobby stores.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin