Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,066   Online: 999

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Angenieux Finder for 75mm on 10mm, What can I do with it ?

When I was planning to buy a 1963 Leitz binocular and see everything from Leicas eye , last night I found Limbourg Brothers books and I thinked there is only one lens which can give that medieval blue and red variants , it was angenieux.

I started to ebay and found that finder from pasific rim camera. I bought it without thinking.

Can I use it alone like directors viewfinder or put on a 35mm camera to shoot cine color film ?

Thanks,

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 05-31-2014 at 04:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it a hand-held "zoom" director's finder? Or is it one that fits on a camera shoe mount? Either way, you can use trigonometry to make a chart to convert the millimeter focal length markings to angle of view. Then you can use the finder for any camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If I am not wrong , AFAIK , its for turret style lens holder at these old 8-16mm cameras. I dont know whether its zoom or not.
    Let us clarify , if it is made to attach a turret , would it be possible to use as handheld also ? Does it require additional optics or standalone ?

Thank you racer.

Umut
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are right, it is designed to attach to an 8 mm cine camera's turret. I've had such cine cameras, the finder lenses are specific to the taking lens and are usable only as intended.

But be happy. You have an Angenieux lens, whether you can use it or not. When you feel down repeating "I have an Angenieux lens" will make you feel better.

Thinking of cine cameras, what results have you got from y'r little Bolex?

Doing research and thinking things over before buying is always a good idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe I have mistaken what you have. In terms of Bolex cameras, the viewfinder that fits on the side of the camera can be taken off and used hand-held as a 'director's finder' for any film format. Is this similar to what you have?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	166982.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	88852

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No ic racer , not relation with above picture. Its a cylinder with a long thread at the end , like slide projector lenses.

Thank you , there are copule of mines examples at ebay.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, is it like the finder in this http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANGENIEUX-RE...-/350655949926 listing? If so, it is useful only for its intended purpose.

Oh, and by the way, the seller is mistaken, the prime lens isn't a Retrofocus. Not all of Angenieux's wide angle lenses are inverted telephotos.

Find the Hodja and ask him to take you on as a student.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	89055

This is what I bought , its 10 mm finder on 16mm camera. Can I use it without camera ? Any chance to use at 16mm Film DIY Camera ?

I am sorry for late input , I was so busy last week.

thank you,

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin