Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,134   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Large Format

I'm having another spell

Trying to fight it, but I'm getting weak. Scoping out the EBAY and around for several pieces of junk to make a proper camera out of. I'm a believer in using on-board parts, but sometimes they're not there. What do I need another camera for? Why do I have to keep making chicken salad out of.... nevermind. I'm just so darn good at it. When I get done with one, I've got everything dead on the money.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm just so darn good at it. When I get done with one, I've got everything dead on the money.
    Even more interesting if you would be more specific and show what you've done...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That would be like posting a selfie?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, I'm grateful for the little reaction. I've re-worked several Nikon pieces in the last 2 weeks, and even "earned" a free F2 Photomic for myself out of the batch. I did the work as a favor and don't want the "free" camera. I'd rather buy my own. So it's settled--I'm going to find myself an 80 dollar Nikon FTn body that I don't have to work on. I want to shoot pictures with it. I want one that I never took apart. My Grandmother had an expression: by the time she caught the chicken, killed it, cleaned it, and cooked it, she wasn't hungry.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Well, I'm grateful for the little reaction. I've re-worked several Nikon pieces in the last 2 weeks, and even "earned" a free F2 Photomic for myself out of the batch. I did the work as a favor and don't want the "free" camera. I'd rather buy my own. So it's settled--I'm going to find myself an 80 dollar Nikon FTn body that I don't have to work on. I want to shoot pictures with it. I want one that I never took apart. My Grandmother had an expression: by the time she caught the chicken, killed it, cleaned it, and cooked it, she wasn't hungry.
    But an 80 USD Nikon may be like a chicken - as my last one needed a lens and shutter repair.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    But an 80 USD Nikon may be like a chicken - as my last one needed a lens and shutter repair.
    Been scrolling through the listings, and these people put these crazy buy-it-now prices that they'll never get, or the put their initial bid at some price above what they'd get if the auction started at a dollar. In other words, there's 914 listings of nothing. I figure I'll just keep using the free F2 from my buddy till something opens up. I really don't want it. The microprism won't stop "shimmering" at infinity and there's a dent on the front corner of the DP1. I figure it's probably been dropped and knocked the lens mount out-of-whack.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well I won my F. For 71 bucks. Pretty neat, huh? When it gets here I'll swap the strap eyelets off an F2 carcass, freshen up the meter calibration if needed, and get out there and shoot that bad boy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin