Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,131   Online: 859

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What sort of subjects are you intending to photograph with this fixed lens?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First I would get a helical and use that. If that's not practical, set for hyperfocal for your intended aperture (f/16 or smaller presumably).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    What sort of subjects are you intending to photograph with this fixed lens?
    Landscapes. Pretty much exclusively landscapes.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    First I would get a helical and use that. If that's not practical, set for hyperfocal for your intended aperture (f/16 or smaller presumably).
    I was thinking of a helical but considering that I'll be using this for landscapes and always on a tripod I don't really think its going to be necessary. At f16 hyperfocal my close focus point (start of depth of field) is somewhere around 8 meters. Stopped down farther and that will come in a bit more. I think that will probably work for the cameras intended use. If not, I can always remake the lens mount and move the lens a bit.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For anyone (like me) who is not of a mathematical turn of mind, there's an online thin lens equation calculator to help us out here http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...pt/lenseq.html

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    determine the depth of focus (not field)for your working aperture and add that to the flange-to-focal-plane distance for max DOF if i'm not mistaken, which happens often.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin