Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,895   Online: 1049

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya TLR hood screw for 80mm/135mm lens hood (48mm)?

I have recently ordered a nice hood for my new-to-me Mamiya C220. The hood is in a great condition, but the tiny screw used for tightening the hood on the lens is bent and cannot be used. As a result the hood does not stay in place.

Does anyone know where to find a replacement? More specifically, does anyone know the size, thread and length of the proper screw? Does it have a specific name? I hope it is not something custom designed for Mamiya, but so far I could not find any information. I don't have the tools to measure it myself I am afraid.

Thank you!
    Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy items like that from the Ace hardware where I live. They usually have specialty screw and bolt assortments. Just take the screw and hood along to try out the screws. They should also have screw pitch gauges to measure it there.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The screw will be metric and when you get to that size you're dealing with hundredths of mm's.
    you want to send me the screw and let me match it from my assortment/collection of
    hardware you're welcome to do that. PM me if you're interested.

The screw you have though probably has a knurled grip
    anything I have will not have the grip but a cross point head.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @Rick - Thank you for your suggestions. I don't recall seeing any small hardware pieces like that in my local hardware stores, but I will have to look again.

@John - That would be fantastic. Let me check the hardware store first and if I cannot find it I will PM you.

Thanks everyone!
    Kris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin