Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,995   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Large Format

Aero Ektar retaining nuts/rings

Does anyone have a source for 178mm Aero Ektar threaded nuts/rings besides sk grimes ? I am looking for just plain threaded rings to attache the lens to lens boards, and possibly looking for other parts made as long as the price does not become an issue.Local machinists here are getting me no where fast.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Did you try Jo Lommen?

Shooter
    Large Format
    He is no longer making them. His supplier has gone out of business. I am finding it hard to believe that with as many of these lenses out there no one is producing cost effective mounts and or retaining rings. Hopefully I can find one local guy that will or can make them on a cnc lathe and then maybe I will market them.

If you call SK Grimes, they "don't have any in stock" and you have to purchase it then they will put it into their schedule!!!!! I wish I had that response for my customers who wanted everything yesterday. I work in fabrication and we can fabricate small building in a week yet I can't even get a camera part. They also act and talk like they have never made them before, they want your lens to fit it??? why ?? they have made the units before, nothing changes. Sorry for the rant but poor customer service as far as I am concerned, and their website is horrible, no pricing etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks JP, but that is only one and really doesn't suit what I need, I would have to machine that down.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin