Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,811   Online: 869

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Loctite 24x
    For long term storage as you used only a drop from the bottle
    -don't allow be in touch with any metal, never-ever. Will start to harden entire bottle.
    -once at three month open the bottle and allow fresh air to enter, squeeze the bottle.
    solution start to harden when lack of oxygen.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Simpson View Post
    Dads...and Loctite (242, I think - removeable, it's blue in color). Get a small bottle at your local auto parts store. Use a toothpick to put a tiny bit on the threads of the screw so it doesn't happen again. I use it on lots of stuff where unscrewing would be problematic. Like the bolts that hold the rear carrier to my bicycle. It doesn't like plastic. Great stuff.
    Pros use nail varnish after knob is screwed down, easier to undo after nail varnish remover qtip scurbbing hard. But the knobs normally don't loosen off as they tighten with use, checking they are tight is still a good idea.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by F4user View Post
    Loctite 24x
    -don't allow be in touch with any metal, never-ever. Will start to harden entire bottle.
    That warning of touching metals only refers to clogging the tip of the tube not the whole Loctite screw-fastener bottle. Though they also worn not to get any material back into the bottle. Also not to keep it at fridge temperatures.
    All this is new. In the past Locticte even specifically advised to use a needle to open the tubes of virgin bottles and to stitch the needle even deep into the tube.

Thank you for that update!

I still got that stuff using the tube directly on metal and it still works after two decades...
    Last edited by AgX; 06-20-2014 at 06:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin