Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,857   Online: 835

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon FE bottom plate

I had tried to sell my Nikon FE, but a girl jammed the shutter in 2 days. A year later I was dusting it off and googled to see if its an easy fix, as Tempe Camera said $180 for cleaning/fix. I noticed the stripped screws at the bottom, I removed 1, and had to bend off the base plate to pull it off fully. I was able to re-cock the shutter and testing its movement it is working good. I reattached half the bottom with 1 screw, and next I'm looking for a FE owner with spare parts. Anyone on APUG have the bottom and 2 unstripped screws?

PS: Lesson learned do no sell used manual stuff to young inexperienced females
    Come see my photos here > http://studiobilly.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good lesson learned. Because no male (inexperienced or otherwise) has ever broken a manual camera.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm joking, I had no idea she had tried to take off the bottom piece. It was when I went to remove it when I saw the scratches and noticed 2 stripped screws. And yes males are equally to blame, I just bias believe we are more tool/technically adapted.
    Come see my photos here > http://studiobilly.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Guess I'm a girlieman, because I've broken several Retinas by doing nothing more than advancing the film. We won't mention the Super Ikonta IV I screwed the shutter up on (2 days after a $300 CLA) by accidentally hitting the self timer and changing the speeds. Or something. Fortunately John at Focal Point let me send it back under his warranty. There's probably more, most of them related to self timers. Nowadays I take the self timer arms off, or otherwise disable them on my cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an FG parts camera. When I googled for pics of FE bottom plates, the FG's plate looks to be similar but not the same, but the screws are probably the same.
    Modding the plate to fit may be possible, IDK. Maybe you could build a "frankencamera".
    Anyway, if you want it, it's yours for the cost of postage, pm me if you're interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    Fg and fe are not the same size. It would be easier to buy a sheet of brass and hammer one from scratch than adapt one to fit the other .ha ha!
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I probably have one. PM me if you are interested.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin