Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,538   Posts: 1,598,819   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Fuji GL690 stuck darkslide/curtain

So, I made the mistake of try to shut the darkslide/cloth curtain on a GL690. It's now stuck shut, and doesn't want to return at all. Apparently this mechanism is fairly problematic, too. How exactly does it work? Does it simply have a set of ribbons that pull it from one drum to another, in the same fashion as a typical cloth focal plane shutter? Any pointers on what has to come apart, to wind it back up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unusual. Typically GL and GM dark curtains are much more reliable than G series dark curtains. Especially since they have stronger springs. I've only seen the G series curtains and they were very much like a regular focal plane shutter with the ribbons and such.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well, I played around with the winding key for a while, and it popped back open and now operates flawlessly. Glad I didn't have to tear this thing apart...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin