Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,475   Posts: 1,597,564   Online: 1323

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Retina Reflex S - Anyone have a parts list?

I just picked up a few boxes of NOS Retina Reflex S parts, that has everything from a new meter, new prism assembly, to un-used body casting. Each part is in either an envelope with the part number, or the original Kodak box. My only problem is I can't find a parts list or exploded view to try and figure out if a) everything is there to build one, or b) what parts I have or am missing.

So on the outside chance that someone has a digital copy, (or a printed one they'd be willing to sell), let me know. I think it would be fun to build a brand new camera (not that I need one).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't know what your capability is but I have a reflex s and think it is a mechanical nightmare and I suspect making the set up adjustments will be even harder than assembly. If you want this camera why not try and do a deal with one of the few techies for this camera left out there like Chris Sherlock in nz? There are many non working examples out there and I guess few spares.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was actually thinking of contacting him, and seeing if he would be interested in the lot. As cool as building a camera would be, it may be a daunting task that I'd never complete. I'm not 100% sure that I have all the parts to make a camera, but it looks like I'd be close.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Chris is a great guy. When I got my S it wouldn't latch at the end of the cocking stroke. Chris told me where the very-difficult-to-find adjustment screw is under the prism on the "camshaft" that takes up the slack in the gear train, with a warning that if you take the adjustment too far the train bottoms out and usually something breaks.......It's a cool camera though, and the kodak lenses are excellent.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you'd like to see what the inside of a Reflex S looks like, then look here.. http://retinarescue.com/reflexsstripdown.html

I started work on this particular project some time ago, but I've just restarted, and hopefully I'll have time to complete the pages this Xmas break.

Regards, Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin