Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,652   Online: 798

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got my Bronica S2 cleaned last year, think I spent about $150 on it. I don't know if that's directly comparable, though. That was from Frank Marshman.
    Last edited by gchpaco; 03-23-2005 at 08:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Doh, where did I go?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't get my cameras serviced unless they go wrong, and have never had to have one done in more than fifty years of photography, I know I have been very lucky, but I don't believe that cameras are like cars and need regular servicing I think it's better to leave well alone, and more problems can be caused by ham fisted sevicing that was probably not necessasery in the first place.

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe that many cameras will do better given frequent use that they will if left sitting on the shelf for long periods of time.

I too go along with the pholosophy "if it aint broke don't fix it". I would be very reluctant to have a camera serviced if I had no problem with it.

I might change my tune if I were going to go someplace where I am unlikely to go again and I was concerned about the possibility of camera failure. Even in this circumstance I would want my camera back a month before departure to make certain that the CLA did not transform a working camera into a non working camera.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One end, to the next.......

CLA a Canon AE1 Program, $100
    CLA a Mamiya C330, with other adjustments, $150ish
    both local shop

As we speak (type) I am having a Pentax 645 totally rebuilt, @ Pentax. Basically it will be a refurbished camera. If its not replaced, it will be CLA'd. With a 6 month warrenty, $250....

Shooter
    35mm
    I had an Olympus OM-1 CLA'd by a local shop 4 years ago. New lightseals and a general cleaning cost $50 or so. He said the shutter, etc were fine. Just recently, I sent the same OM-1 to Camtech because the film advance would occasionally slip. He's charging $100.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.midstatecamerarepair.com here in warwick ri.
    about 15 years ago my k1000 jumped out of a backpack when i was chasing a bus, and the base slammed against the pavement. until about 3 weeks ago, the top of the camera ( where it separated from the rest of the body ) was held down with duct tape (so wind lever returned). --- a gear + shaft was bent ... those replaced & a cla cost me 52$.
    i am picking up my me super from the same place. the "shutter speed circut" went bad, and was replaced together with a cla it will cost me about 90$.

they have also done cla lenses ( sticky blades) + large format shutters for me. can't say enough good things about them

-john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a Minolta SRT repaired and CLA'd by Garry's Camera Repair. They charge a fixed price of $45 to $65 for "Eliminating original problem or defect, complete overhaul maintenance (meter calibration, light seal replacement, external and internal cleaning)." It was $45 + $8 shipping for my camera. They even fixed the mercury battery problem. The camera was back in my hands in less than a week. I was very satisfied.

http://www22.brinkster.com/garryscamera/

Shooter
    Large Format
    I recently paid $65 to have a Pentax Spotmatic CLA'd and $120 to have a Pentax KX completely overhauled....YMMV

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the local service shops(TC Camera) charges around $25 for a clean & check. That's an external cleaning, checks meter, speeds, flash synch etc. If the camera needs to be serviced, he lets you know & applies the $25 to the cost of a more thorough service. He's located in Lisle, Il. has a small shop & most repairs are done on site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin