Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,687   Online: 1203

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Donald,
    Thanks for the box camera conversion stuff. That is quite helpful. I'll also look into the Gitzo shutter. I think I have what I need now, except time.
    "Lazy Susan set" ....that's hilarious.
    Thanks everyone
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just a shutter addendum- I found this cool thing that talks about leaf shutters.
    http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-88.html
    Pretty cool and the site also shows how to clean a Synchro-Compur. Very handy.
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I got a friendly machinist to re-do the 6-7/16" hole to 8.5" now.

It gives me a 1/4" border to attach an inner plate (which will contain the circularly placed holes) to. I think I can fit 7x 66 mm barely. 6 to be conservative.

I'm counting on this camera being heavy enough that the rotation of the Lazy Susan bearing won't induce vibration. Actually for f/stop, that's not a problem as it's done before exposure. It's the concept of an hand-powered leaf shutter that's gonna rock the boat, I guess.

M
    Murray

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    It's the concept of an hand-powered leaf shutter that's gonna rock the boat, I guess.
    You mean like the two-leaf, hand (pull string) or air powered Packard? Or practically any large format shutter set to B? Yep, a major revolution there...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin