Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,151   Online: 839

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yashica Electro 35 GSN focusing problems

Hello friends,

the age of my Yashica shows up in a bad way - I was so glad to have it fixed, when the problem occured. First I noticed some unsmooth focusing, then it became really harsh - maybe some sand got into focusing helicoid (if there is any), or just the old grease finally leaked out. How do I cure it? I understand that I would need a full lens disassemble to get the dirt out - can you give me a hint how should I do it? Can it be accessed from the front of the lens, or I need to disassemble the whole camera again?

Any help would be very nerve-saving and valuable.

Best wishes from Moscow,
    Zhenya

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try this web site www.kyphoto.com/classic/forum I used to frequent this site some time ago when I was actively collecting and repairing cameras. By the way I have a GSN that is now a book end, but in it's day was a great camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin