Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,261   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    the idea behind Holga's for me really is the crappy vignetting - by projecting this onto a 4x5 holder, i was hoping to get to see either the full circle in all its dispersed glory (by keeping the distance between the rear lens element and the film plane the same as for a standard holga 6x6) - or probably more interesting is extending this distance to enlarge with image circle over the 4" axis at least and get much better close focus - a macro 4x5 Holga ...

just for the stupidity of it - and the learning.. would be nice to see a diagram of a Holga before I break one in half tho

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Poper
    just for the stupidity of it - and the learning.. would be nice to see a diagram of a Holga before I break one in half tho
    It would be more cost effective to break the Holga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could get a crown graphic and just mount the holga lens onto a lens board. It won't have a shutter, but the speed graphics won't collapse enough to let you use one at infinity.

I have a 3x4 crown graphic and have mounted a holga lens onto it.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

old lenses

See this page:

http://www.cosmonet.org/camera/old_45_lens_e.html

I think the old Kodak 1A pocket folder has a lens that will cover 4x5 or close.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    theres a crown graphic 4x5 for sale here in NZ for approx $300 US - (unsure of the lens type) - however to get a a holga costs us around $30 US - the building of the 'bit' that connects the back to the holga lens mounting is the *fun* bit...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I did that. I chopped off a holga lens and put it on a type of lens board with a 4x5 back. All my images are circular. I cropped etc but there on my website
    http://danielbairdmiller.com/section...the_Night.html

enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    taking the holga apart isn't a big deal as far as getting the lens off. it unscrews once you take the set screw out from the inside. putting the lens on a lens board is your best bet. you could put the whole assembly on a lens board to keep the shutter intact as well.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin