Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,394   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Camera Makers of Seattle Unite!

There are few (4) of us in the Seattle area that are going to start building some 8x10 cameras this summer. We are looking to get together for our first meeting to finalize plan (and to make sure we can stand each other) the first week of July. If there are any others that are interested, now is the time to get in "on the ground floor" so to speak.

While two of are are looking at using bamboo plywood, I haven't heard from the others. I have the woodshop (or garage that I can't fit cars into anymore because of the tools and wood), we'd love to have some machining expertise for the metal parts.

Drop me a line here or at magic@stwd.com if interested.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As one of the 4, I can endorse what magic823 is saying. Really, we would love to have a nice big group. I'm in the Tacoma area and will be driving up to Seattle for our get-togethers. I've got a woodshop too so if any other Tacomans want to jump in then we can do some of our work at my shop... if you don't have one

Shooter
    Large Format
    Roadtrip!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And welcome to have you Brad!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount
    And welcome to have you Brad!
    My brother-in-law and I once drove up to Bellingham and back in a weekend to...get this, to buy a car! That was when we were both younger and dumber and each had a much lower tolerance for cafienated beverage.

Anyway, my wife has relatives up there so, I could use that as an excuse... "Honey, it's been a while since we've seen your Uncle Doug and Aunt Marrion..."
    Hmmm....who knows?

In anycase, please keep us posted on your progress and ideas. Always good to see what others are building.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

re: tacoma workshop

where in tacoma is the workshop and when?? i live in tacoma>midland area. i recently just started using a 4x5 format camera and am would like to partici-
    pate as long as it won't interfere with my job. i plan on having the rest of my vacation used around oct. of 2005. could you send me any info based on this workshop or any others you might know of that take place around that time? i also go to mt rainier around this time, if anyone is interested in a road trip, give me a shout would gladly appreciate guests! well gotta go..take care!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

re: tacoma workshop

where in tacoma is the workshop and when?? i live in tacoma>midland area. i recently just started using a 4x5 format camera and am would like to partici
    pate as long as it won't interfere with my job. i plan on having the rest of my vacation used around oct. of 2005. could you send me any info based on this workshop or any others you might know of that take place around that time? i also go to mt rainier around this time, if anyone is interested in a road trip, give me a shout would gladly appreciate guests! well gotta go..take care!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are getting together Tuesday night in Kent to begin the process. I just acquired the plans and was pricing wood today.

If you are interested drop me a line and I'll give you my address.

magic@stwd.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823
    We are getting together Tuesday night in Kent to begin the process. I just acquired the plans and was pricing wood today.

If you are interested drop me a line and I'll give you my address.

magic@stwd.com
    Do you have any kind of schedule or manifesto someplace?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya
    Do you have any kind of schedule or manifesto someplace?
    No, we are meeting tomorrow night at 8pm to setup how we want to do things, take a look at the plans I have, and talk about everything.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin