Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,463   Online: 871

Shooter
    Multi Format

home built 4x5 completed!

See the pics in the Ducht forums:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum79/16951-tadaaaaaaaaaaa.html#post156325

Completely homebuilt, except for the tripod, that should be replaced by something better looking soon.

G

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nice job!

Couldn't understand a word you said, but nice job anyway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    See the pics in the Ducht forums:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?p=156325

Completely homebuilt, except for the tripod, that should be replaced by something better looking soon.

G
    Very nice! Is that an all aluminum rail or wood rail with aluminun "skin"? Is the crank some type of gearing mechanism? The piece that goes on a downard angle from behind the camera going towards the tripod, what is that? Is that for folding?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great to me, however I do wonder about the front struts and short wide angle lenses.

Thanks for posting, some very interesting inovations.

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice work! I like the focus crank. I suppose that it can move quickly. I used a similar feature on the 4x5 I built. Mine uses a thumb knob rather than a crank and is used for only fine tuning after the sliding rear standard is locked in place at the approximate focus.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Very nice! Is that an all aluminum rail or wood rail with aluminun "skin"? Is the crank some type of gearing mechanism? The piece that goes on a downard angle from behind the camera going towards the tripod, what is that? Is that for folding?
    - It's an aluminium rail
    - the cranks going down if for stability of the camera, to minimize vibrations.
    - no folding involved.

Those who are concerned about wide angle lenses. I don't do wide angle. The lenses are too expensive
    If I ever happen to buy one, I'll build a new camera specially for it.

G

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Interesting design. Looks very servicable and fairly stable. Are the slider hardware a standard (bubble pack) item from the hardware store? They look like the sliders used in the lids of cedar chests and the like....I'm asking because I've looked at that prefab hardware several times and wondered about its application to exactly this purpose.

Once you have had some time with it, please spin us a yarn about it's relative merits and where the design could be improved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brad: right on! I had been looking for those brass parts for weeks before I found them in a home depot style store. The supports are fairly stable.
    I did some test shots tonight, with exposures up to 10 seconds. No vibrations and clear sharp negatives :-)

More pictures and a bit of info: http://belclimb.com/bw/4x5/

Greetings,
    G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done! tim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Superb job there G. Some amazing movements you have there and I love your focussing system.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin