Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,537   Online: 1080

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked a couple of little square levels up at Home Depot, that were designed to be hung on a key chaing, about an inch long and 1/2 inch square, clipped the keychaing loop off of them and used rubber cement to stick to the camera, they seem to work good and only cost 0.99 cents each.

Dave

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I got some levels like Dave/Satin Snow noted, but never bothered to install any.

For some reason, I carry around one of those carpenter's needle-indicator inclinometers. I just picked up a second one for $2.99 on sale at one of those Chinese-import 'disposable' tool stores.

I would NOT recommend their $20 imitation Dremel Tool on sale for $8. I figured before I used any of the rotary accessories I better wear two pairs of safety glasses, a hard hat & a baseball cup. They were honest with the speed rating...it said 16500 rpm, no load. That was true. Put a load on it and it stops :O). Might be able to clean a lens with it.

Murray
    Murray

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ninety-nine cents is about right for those levels. You can get the little round ones sometimes for a similar price. Of course, the one camera where I really want/need one already has it, factory intalled on the front standard some 78 years ago...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    I got some levels like Dave/Satin Snow noted, but never bothered to install any.

For some reason, I carry around one of those carpenter's needle-indicator inclinometers. I just picked up a second one for $2.99 on sale at one of those Chinese-import 'disposable' tool stores.

I would NOT recommend their $20 imitation Dremel Tool on sale for $8. I figured before I used any of the rotary accessories I better wear two pairs of safety glasses, a hard hat & a baseball cup. They were honest with the speed rating...it said 16500 rpm, no load. That was true. Put a load on it and it stops :O). Might be able to clean a lens with it.

Murray
    No Sh*t. That stuff is nasty. I was given some masonry blades for my angle grinder, to carve with, and one of the teeth shot off at less than listed max RPM before it ever touched the stone. Hit my glasses at an angle. Without them I would have lost my focusing eye. Thank god for safety glasses.

As for the levels I love my 2 dollar bulls eye level. Just drop it on top of the camera and level away. I splurged and bought two.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Home Depot has little round ones. About $2.
    Yup - same thing I use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin