Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,820   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    John, I encountered "the better is the enemy of the good" while in grad school. I'd written a seminar paper that was good enough to get an A, then decided I didn't like it and did another better one. Still got an A, with that comment.

I'm not sure which 3" Biogons Charlie has, will ask him.

Regards,

Dan
    Thanks. I looked up later, too. However, if you were referring to the tentatively proposed body (second page of site) being better but not significantly, then no - the Sinar body is overstressed and too feeble to use with this lens in the field. The body I wish to have can be manhandled nicely and should be quite strong.

If you mean the lens is overkill, then compared to what? I'm puzzled. Surely not the 75mm Super-Angulon - man, is that lens over-rated! Someday, should I ever get this thing done and have a vacation I will do side-by-side comparisons with the S/A.

Ever used tilt with a Biogon? Cool.
    Last edited by jjstafford; 08-02-2005 at 04:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just looking at your proto design, could the back from a Calumet 4x5 (CC-400?) be modified to fit? I don't know if the round rail they use is close to the size you are using.

For that matter, remove the front standard from the sliding base of a CC-400, add a flat plate and mount your lens supports to that and keep the existing back and rail. Attach the bellows to your adapter plate for the lens and your done. That would cut the amount of machining down to two lens support plates, a bottom plate, and the bellows attachment.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Elox
    Just looking at your proto design, could the back from a Calumet 4x5 (CC-400?) be modified to fit? I don't know if the round rail they use is close to the size you are using. [...]
    Thanks for the suggestions. My error, I think, is from my crummy drawings. The rear can be any good existing 4x5 back I can weld or machine to the design. I have your good suggestion in the GOOD IDEA box. Again, many thanks for looking and helping out.

Best,
    JJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin