Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,980   Online: 904

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

My 6x17 camera

And the scanner camera, it uses a canon Lide scanner as sensor and a Russian 30 dollar lens no shutter neaded :0)
    More about those cameras and other projects can be found at:
    Stockholmviews.com
    http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My DIY 612/4x5 shift camera. It's a horseman 6x9cm-to-4x5" adapter, I made a front adapter and lensboard for it. Right now it has a 65mm Nikkor on it, but it can go much much wider. Allows ~3.5cm of shift in either direction. It's extremely light and has very precise, geared track focusing. The standards collapse very close together; I think this baby could take a 47mm lens, no worries.

The main innovation is that I can convert it back to an enlarging back in a few minutes. So, packed with my Horseman VH, I have 3 cameras in one- 6x9, 4x5, and 4x5 ultrawide shift.

Shown here with a fuji instant film back.

Here is a test shot taken with my adapted wide shift camera, on the wonderful fuji-roid 4x5 film, fp100b45. This was taken about 10 ft up on my 21 ft ham-radio tripod, that is another story.

"Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hacked Lenses

Not a home-made camera, but two "hacked lenses".

The Canon 50/1.5 is made from left over parts, and has the rear optics module of a Jupiter-3 in it. Spent hours getting the focal length and main shim correct. It RF couples and focusses across the entire range.

The Jupiter-3 has the rear module moved in closer to the front to correct the focal length for a Leica, and the main shim is set for correct focus across the range.
    Last edited by lens_hacker; 08-28-2007 at 05:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

pinhole anamorphic

Hey folks

I hope pinholes are welcome here! this is my (very obviously) homebuilt pinhole anamorphic, made from a section of Pringle tube with a foam core lid. it was built to handle 70mm film but for now i will be using paper negatives

*complete camera*

the inside is lined with roll film backing paper and the top is trimmed with black camera tape

*disassembled camera*

here is is loaded and ready to go with a 22.5x7 cm strip of paper, held in place by two smaller rings of Pringle tube (cut, shortened and taped back together)

*loaded camera*

I hope this meets your approval
    I will be posting when I get some shots out of it!

take care
    pete

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not a homemade camera, but a 5x12 reducing back for an old, off-sized plate camera. Wood's quartersawn sycamore that was collecting dust in the garage. Springs were made from a $4 taping kife from Home dePot. Ground the glass by hand.

I'm waiting on film and lens to test it out, but the homemade, cobbled holder fits it perfect!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2024.JPG   IMG_2031.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really great thread this one though I would like some constructionprints.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After an annoyingly non-photographic summer, primarily due to a nagging shoulder injury not allowing me to schlep my C1 very far from the van.

To try and get the creative juices flowing, I've decided to build a field camera. Taking the leftover parts (bellows, rear box) from my previous project, and the back from the same project I've been using on my Calumet C1, I spent the weekend building this:

Still a bit of trimming out to do, as well as lacquering and painting, but at this point it's functional. About the only major change I will need to make is using some lower pitch threaded rod, probably see if I can dig up some 4 start threaded rod, as 1/4-20 is painfully slow.

Some specifics:

Focusing stage consists of two full extension drawer slides, lying down; focusing action by way of 1/4-20 threaded rod. I got the idea from the pictures I've seen of the Chaminox cameras, and basically low teched the same ideas, as the likelyhood of me being able to afford a new 8x10 field camera is pretty slim. All in all a productive weekend; first one in a long time.

erie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

My new toy finally up and running

Here's a few pics of my first attempt at camera building. It actually came out ahead of my expectations It is made out of cherry and aluminum with a hacksaw, drill and router and a little powder coating done in my pottery kiln.
    It has maximum extension of 33 inches. Back shift, base tilt, rise and swing and front base tilt, rise and axis tilt. Finished in danish oil. The dreaded "hacksaw" springs will be replaced if I get around to it. They seem to work fine for now. I paid for the bellows, I'm not there yet, but I will give bellow making a try on the next one. It fits easily in my f64 backpack. I am quite pleased all in all.
    regards
    Erik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1752381078_8117a5b7fd_o.jpg   1752382338_ca148c43c5_o.jpg   1752380248_7cf85d1317_o.jpg   1752381672_86b861fcd3_o.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    My DIY 612/4x5 shift camera. It's a horseman 6x9cm-to-4x5" adapter, I made a front adapter and lensboard for it. Right now it has a 65mm Nikkor on it, but it can go much much wider. Allows ~3.5cm of shift in either direction. It's extremely light and has very precise, geared track focusing. The standards collapse very close together; I think this baby could take a 47mm lens, no worries.

The main innovation is that I can convert it back to an enlarging back in a few minutes. So, packed with my Horseman VH, I have 3 cameras in one- 6x9, 4x5, and 4x5 ultrawide shift.

Shown here with a fuji instant film back.

Here is a test shot taken with my adapted wide shift camera, on the wonderful fuji-roid 4x5 film, fp100b45. This was taken about 10 ft up on my 21 ft ham-radio tripod, that is another story.

Keith , that is a very nice job. Did you have that at the Owens Valley workshop? I would have loved to take a closer look.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well, even though I posted this in a previous thread I felt it appropriate that it be put here also. It took a year and a half with hand tools in the apartment but I finally finished the 8x20 and the walnut tripod combo. The camera has a 32" extension and weights 14lbs and the tripod extends to 60" high and comes in at 10lbs. with the Majestic head. Not bad for the first try. I did learn a lot and will make some design changes on the 11x14.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 11-02-2008 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin