Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,475   Posts: 1,570,987   Online: 845

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Brian, and I thought I was nuts! A 30 x 36! I know you are serious! You take the cake! Brian, I hope Dan can get you the info you need. Might also try Barry Young. He is a camera builder in the Pacific Northwest.
    Don't remember if I posted the shot of me and my Walnut 11x14 and tripod yet so here goes.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2226-copy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My oh my, Jim, that's a beautiful camera!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, thanks. I'm really proud of this one. It only took 10 months to build.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Curt, thanks. I'm really proud of this one. It only took 10 months to build.

Jim
    Jim,

Have you posted any pictures taken with it?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My scanner will not take an 11x14 print but I do have a crop of a shot taken with the camera in the Ojai area. It was done with my Hybrid Voigtlander 18" Euroscop @ F-45. (I basically have the rear element of this lens and a +1 diopter for the front element). It was printed on some old Azo contact paper. I just got back from the Redwoods and have some images that are drying and I'll try to scan them when I can. My digital camera is dead so I can't photograph the prints and post them.
    The print does not show well on the web but looks good when you see it.
    Working with 11x14 is way slower than 8x10. The size and bulk slows you down even more.... but I love it!!

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img138-copy-copy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    My scanner will not take an 11x14 print but I do have a crop of a shot taken with the camera in the Ojai area. It was done with my Hybrid Voigtlander 18" Euroscop @ F-45. (I basically have the rear element of this lens and a +1 diopter for the front element). It was printed on some old Azo contact paper. I just got back from the Redwoods and have some images that are drying and I'll try to scan them when I can. My digital camera is dead so I can't photograph the prints and post them.
    The print does not show well on the web but looks good when you see it.
    Working with 11x14 is way slower than 8x10. The size and bulk slows you down even more.... but I love it!!

Jim
    Looks good. The mountains around Ojai are full of wonderful places to photograph. My late wife's sister and her husband used to live in Ojai, they had a Christmas tree farm on the east end of town just past Soule Park. Unfortunately I wasn't into photography the way I am today, but I do have a few good shots of the area. I really used to enjoy the scenic drive on Highway 33 going north out of Ojai. It brings back a lot of wonderful memories.
    Last edited by mhcfires; 11-04-2008 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correct spelling errors

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, the area is a good place to work. This shot was taken just past the Wheeler Gorge campground off of highway 33.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know where I can buy the little brass ground glass retainer clips?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim, Is that a leather bellows on that baby? And did you make it yourself? Pretty camera. Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Jim, Is that a leather bellows on that baby? And did you make it yourself? Pretty camera. Robert
    Robert, thanks. It is not a leather bellows. Some sort of synthetic I guess. It is very light weight and extends about 36"+ and I think the seller said it was from Camera Bellows or Western, I'm not sure. I got it off of e-bay for 100.00 from a guy in Texas. The great thing about this bellows is that it fit perfectly to my frames when I got it. I had already built the back box and bellows frame and it was like it was made for my camera. Luck was finally on my side. I love the 11x14 format. Harder to set up than my 8x20 but when you look at the ground glass (TV screen!) you are hooked!

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin