Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,225   Online: 804

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1721222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    35mm

2nd prototype but ufortunately, not the last ...

This is a project I've been working on for over an year. I was hoping this was the final version, but in testing it turned out that some changes need to be made. So there will be a third prototype
    Last edited by sv@diycamerakit.com; 04-05-2010 at 11:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong title
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SV, I love the brass hardware and wooden handle knobs. Looks great, hope that you get all the kinks worked out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My meager effort at making a 4x5/6x12 P+S. Have no previous experience with LF/MF at all. And it been 10 years since I last shot film. So this will Proove to be exciting.

Built around a Graflok back. Attached to a frame, which has a subframe to the front on to which the lens box slides, friction mounted. This allows me to adapt another lens box for when I will be using a sliding DSLR adapter back (in future) Lens box front has a Linhof to Deardoff 6x6 adapter. Linhof lens board has a helicoid mounted to it, on which a Fujinon SW 90/f8 in a Copal 0 is attached. Will be using a 6x12 back om it from the outset.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks good. Is there a reason for having the viewfinder offset from the top of the body?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ezzie, how do you find the quality of the viewfinder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi and thanks.

The reason for the viewfinder being somewhat elevated and drawn back from the body is so my cheek doesn´t bump into the rather large and sharp edged DAYI 6x12 back. I´ve overdone it somewhat, so I´m on the lookout for a fixture more suiting, or I´ll shape one out of wood. The advantage of the arm on which it sits now is that it can be persuaded into different angles to compensate for parallax.

The viewfinder is big and clear, but not without distortion. Build quality is solid. The glass front protection cover got cracked in shipping, and will need replacing - no big deal.

I´ve yet to take pictures with it, I don´t even have film I don´t have a darkroom either so I´ll have send away for processing, the turnaround will take a while. Slow photography getting even slower.
    Last edited by Ezzie; 05-08-2010 at 09:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Ezzie, how do you find the quality of the viewfinder?
    EDIT: Comments deleted - it isn't the same as the one I bought.

Peter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not camera pictures, but this is what I made last night (the caps ;-) :

Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Latest incarnation, v0.3. Soon ready to take pictures:

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin