Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,594   Online: 958

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2024252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My very nearly finished 6x17 AEDor camera, made out of a Cognac bottle case and som pieces of wood I had lying around. For more info on the project see here: DIY 6x9 or 6x12 or even 6x17

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent. I love the sliding rear door - I think I might steal that idea! I was wondering what to do about the back on my 6x12 camera (link below). This might be the answer.

EDIT: Then again, perhaps not. The film pressure plate is fixed to the back!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Steve. Yes, starting out with a Cognac case does make demands on the imagination. I think I'll be able to get the pressure plate to work, but the main problem is getting the door light tight. The far end is not much of an issue, a lip on both sides of the door takes care of that. But the near end where the door slides through the handle is a tough one. I've added a sealing lip to the door, but it I'm not too confident it works to satisfaction. As you said, attaching anything to the door is a no go. The film advance window is a point in case. A red window would work, but the distance from window to film backing is such that it makes reading frame numbering all but impossible. Adding a louvre over the window won't either (due to the sliding mechanism). I have to solve this one way or another.
    Last edited by Ezzie; 05-03-2011 at 04:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A red window would work, but the distance from window to film backing is such that it makes reading frame numbering all but impossible. Adding a louvre over the window won't either (due to the sliding mechanism). I have to solve this one way or another.
    I wonder if there is some way to use a magnifier? One that could be inserted/removed so as not to interfere with the slide?

Anyway, what a great idea for a camera. Nice work!
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I thought that I would add my two latest creations for you to see on this forum. The first is a 5 x 7 camera made from an unknown wood that came from a table top that was ancient in 1983 when it was retired and given to me in 2009. It has proved to be very stable and the movements are still as free as when I almost completed it last year. There are still a few things to finish off but I should be able to use it properly within the next couple of weeks.
    The second is a 12 x 10 camera that is complete except for the back. I plan to initially make a 10 x 8 back as I have darkslides for that size but if and when I either locate or make 12 x 10 darkslides (probably never) I'll complete it to my original design. I built it from MDF which has proved to be extremely heavy so I will probably rebuild it at a later date using some parts that work well in MDF plus the metal parts. It is fitted with a Symmar 360/420 lens which contributes greatly to the weight. This lens has no shutter so I have fitted a Packard type shutter behind the lens.
    I was shocked at the cost of rack and pinion gearing so have used threaded rod with a nut for focusing on both cameras. It is very slow to use but costing £2 as against £50 I don't think that I will worry too much. On the 5 x 7 camera I have made an extension bed with interlocked threaded rod to give continuous focusing (albeit a bit graunchy, but functional).
    I made the bellows for both cameras using curtain blackout material which is white but lighttight. On the smaller camera I painted it black on the outside but found that the paint tended to flake off so on the second camera I dyed the fabric Navy Blue. Due to the plasticised fabric the dye did not take very well and I ended up with the denim colour that you see in the picture. It's not so bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5 x 7.jpg   10 x 8.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Norman
    Just an idea to think about. Google Lee Valley Tools. They sell a nut and threaded rod (1/4-20). The nut can be bent sideways to slide freely on the rod. This would make coarse focussing really fast. I do not know if you could adapt it and would probably be a PITA to get, but might be adaptable to your camera. Another idea would be to cut a nut in half and be able to back it out of the thread for rapid movement. Really nice creation.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks Richard. The 5 x 7 camera has a half nut running on the threaded rod this is to allow it to run directly on to the rod in the extension baseboard. I had tried to devise a method of disengaging it to allow coarse focus but haven't yet worked it out. It is something that I am still working on but I wanted to get the camera into a useable condition but have not yet taken any pics.
    I looked on the Lee Valley Tools website but could not find the nut that you mentioned, can you give me a clue where to find it please?
    Norman

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Century Graphic Upgrades

I had to replace the pins for the catches on the back for the Graflok. The catches have a tendency to pull away from the body as the pin heads either pop off or as the metal distorts. This sat around in parts till recently and I added a few accessories such as the cold shoe and Voightlander rangefinder. The bracket is a Hasselblad grip with a RRS B2 Pro clamp on the grip and a N80 plate on the body. I turned the body distance scale over and painted it white so I could mark it with a pencil. It probably will go up for sale soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030776-2.jpg  
    W.A. Crider

Happy Valley - Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Here are some more images of my recently completed 14x17. I just finished the reducing board and I think that is all I have to do.
    that is amazing! great work!
    threemilesfinal.com - An Aviation Industry and Aviation Photography Blog.
    Canon XSi for the Digital and a Lubitel 166B for the Analog. I'm a Medium Format and Film n00b!

Shooter
    Multi Format

instax lego cam

Hi hi.

I'm new here. Industrial design student in cincinnati with a love for film.

This is what I made for my last project.

It's a working full manual instax mini camera built from legos.

No tape or anything, light traps are built into it with the lego brick orientations.

Fixed focus lens (~50mm? maybe wider) 1/60ish & B.

It has a fairly large light leak because of the film ejector. Working on removing it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1sm.jpg   2sm.jpg   findley sam sm.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin