Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,660   Online: 1102

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232728293031323334353637 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmercier View Post
    My plywood/gaffers tape masterpiece.
    that thing looks great!!

I thought I'd add a couple shots of my newly finished creation.

it takes a 6x9 back and 3x4 polaroid film back and has tilt/swing, a little lift but not shift. I made it entirely out of recycled and scavenged parts, but the lens board was made by a collagist friend of mine.

the runners need redesigning and I could do with a lens with a bit more coverage for full movements, but beggars can't be choosers.

this is my first full build so be nice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a camera.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	764.8 KB 
ID:	41643

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    this is my first full build so be nice

Name:	a camera.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	764.8 KB 
ID:	41643

That thing looks awesome! Makes me want one! Whether it works or not, it looks like it was pulled straight out of a Home & Garden home design add. One of those shabby/chic/modern room design articles or something....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    it looks like it was pulled straight out of a Home & Garden home design add. One of those shabby/chic/modern room design articles or something....
    not sure how to take that

but thanks and it does really work like, I've only taken one shot so far and was gob-smacked to see that there weren't any light leaks or anything

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    not sure how to take that
    haha... I can't blame him for saying that honestly. I mean, you did employ Paisley bellows afterall!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    haha... I can't blame him for saying that honestly. I mean, you did employ Paisley bellows afterall!

oh yea? yea? I'll 'ave you know that welsh pears are the bellows of choice 'round my way

Well, after more than a year the 14x17 is finally finished. Some of it looks nice, lots of it looks like #!@*...especially the bellows. Ground glass is plexi. Sort of looks like a Chamonix, that's because I "borrowed" the design...Used the lens board sliding lock from my old Cambo. Used birch 'cause it's cheap and light. Now I need to check it for light leaks. Then hopefully I can use it to make bigger carbon prints and other alt processes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CrappyBellows.jpg   Front.jpg   Side.jpg   Back.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like you've done a pretty good job, I'm surprised its has not got a bigger lens board which to me would of made making the bellows easier ( I assume anyway), and allowed fitting of a larger variety of lens if you come across them.

Fitting the bellows was pretty easy. I plan on using existing lenses: 355, 450, 600... magnifying glass lenses, and assorted pinholes. The 355G that you see in the pic is about the biggest/heaviest of the three.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Name:	fb.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	44512
    My DIY 8x10 camera and me All elements are home-built, including the bellows and GG.
    The back takes my home built 18X24 cm and 8x10' holders, and commercial 8x10 holders as well. It is also suitable for wet plate, and a DIY bag bellows allows for ultra-wide-angle lenses. Together with a lens, a custom-made wooden tripod, and 5 film holders, the camera gear weighs 12KG and is easy to get around with.
    here are a wet plate shot and a landscape from several days ago

Name:	scan-120103-0001res.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	942.0 KB 
ID:	44513

Name:	Scan-120106-0002.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	44517

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Dulgiarov View Post
    the camera gear weighs 12KG and is easy to get around with.
    12kg is easy to get around with? what the hell are you using to move it around?
    anyway, great work and nice shots - congrats

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin