Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,838   Online: 795

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25293031323334353637 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well, you've outsourced me

Best I can suggest in the absense of you building anything (where you will learn the most) - is to simply read these forums, this thread in particular, start from the beginning and work your way to here.
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My real hope is that I'll plant the seed (or virus if you prefer) into the brain of some aspiring camera builder here, and they'll be so overwhelmed by it that they must build a color-camera. Meanwhile, I just sit back and reap the benefits!

hahaha, thanks for your help nick.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the latest kitten out of my stable ...

That's the last of the brass and cherry. Have to find more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Slow down. You're making more than your fair share of cameras!

I like the combination of that bellows colour and the cherry. I also like your lens board clamps. They look easier to use than the common diagonally sliding plate.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    looks great.

like Steve says, great colour combination.
    what did you use for the rail? I've been thinking about using an old tripod leg and it looks like you've used something similar.

is it stable?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now I'm looking at the bellows again I'm wondering if they are actually that colour or is it just a reflection of light?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is a tripod leg, from a Cobra Eclipse. It's actually quite smooth and rigid, though there may be higher quality legs around.

It's bottle green acetate, Steve, so a little difficult to photograph accurately. In some lights it has quite a sheen to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, Steve, if you want square section aluminum to use for a rail 1" x 1" 80/20 brand t-slotted extrusion may do for you. I use it for longer than standard rails for my little Cambo; Cambo SCs use a 1" x 1" rail -- original issue is hollow and has a spring-loaded stop at each end -- and the standards go on 1" x 1" 80/20. I used a piece of 1.5" x 1.5" 80/20 t-slotted extrusion as a base for my tandem Graphic.

I have no idea who sells the stuff in the UK. I got my 1.5" x 1.5" as scrap from http://www.kkdepot.com/product.asp?key=241 , got the 1" x 1" from 80/20 via Amazon. I don't mean to steer you only towards 80/20, there are other manufacturers of t-slotted extrusion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeha Lynch View Post
    It is a tripod leg
    ooh mega!

I'll be chopping sum legs offa stuff now just to try it

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    often thought linear bearings would make a very sturdy rail:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C86327-Thoms...item4cfe5dc98a

thats just the first one I found - I bet there are much better suited versions out there... I know some commerical cameras already use them (a field camera if I recal)
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin