Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,878   Online: 1009

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys, thanks for the comments on the camera. Hey Nick nice camera, you will be glad you have that flexibillity to go up in formats, the larger you go the larger you want to go!
    Doh, forgot to mention the movements on the camera front has swing shift and tilt rear has tilt and some swing and the weight is 7.5lbs and 24'' of extension. I shot my first sheet of film with it over the weekend and so far so good, though I did underestimate depth of field,it really is shallower on 8x10.

Barrie don't underestimate rabies tags, inyears to come when this camera ends up on epay , people will ask "does it still have it's tags, cause these cameras really bite"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    LOL. OK
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tymon
    Hey Nick nice camera, you will be glad you have that flexibillity to go up in formats, the larger you go the larger you want to go!

speaking of flexible - I was playing with the tilts last night - heh, I can get the lens to actually be pointing away from the film (;

just need to get a lens with that sort of coverage ...
    Last edited by nick mulder; 09-28-2005 at 04:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

New pics uploaded to Technical Gallery

Today John and Andrew Austin came to Edmonds to work on the baseboards of the 8x10 field cameras they are building from scratch with the Seattle Camera Makers. Starting with rough lumber that had been jointed on one side and resawn on a table saw at Steve Allen's house, they had glued up flat panels for the baseboards when they left this afternoon. There are pics of the process the wood went through in the APUG Technical Gallery Nice work you guys.

Barry Young
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can see pictures of the 4x5 view camera I built in 1968 at http://home.online.no/~gjon/anderson.htm

The Jon Grepstad website.

gma
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    first pic (I didn't ruin in the processing) is in the tech gallery ...

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9463

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung
    Today John and Andrew Austin came to Edmonds to work on the baseboards of the 8x10 field cameras they are building from scratch with the Seattle Camera Makers. Starting with rough lumber that had been jointed on one side and resawn on a table saw at Steve Allen's house, they had glued up flat panels for the baseboards when they left this afternoon. There are pics of the process the wood went through in the APUG Technical Gallery Nice work you guys.

Barry Young
    Barry,

Would you be kind enough to keep updating us with fresh pictures of the construction process please? Another interest of mine (and many others here I bet) is amateur woodworking and I'd love to see how these projects progress.

cheers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi John:

I will keep posting pics every time we do some work. Then when the new pics from each session are posted I will take down the old ones to keep from wasting APUG bandwidth.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    Barry,

Would you be kind enough to keep updating us with fresh pictures of the construction process please? Another interest of mine (and many others here I bet) is amateur woodworking and I'd love to see how these projects progress.

cheers
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi John:

I will keep posting pics every time we do some work. Then when the new pics from each session are posted I will take down the old ones to keep from wasting APUG bandwidth.

Barry
    Thank you Barry

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    they had glued up flat panels for the baseboards when they left this afternoon. There are pics of the process the wood went through in the APUG Technical Gallery Nice work you guys.
    Barry Young
    Barry,

In the picture of the assembled baseboard, there seems to be a foam being squeezed from between the plys. I'm guessing it's the glue. Can you tell us what type of glue you are using and possibly the brand name? Would I be right in suspecting a urethane glue?

cheers and thank you

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin