Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,055   Online: 945

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    Cambara II
    nice! i'll have to try a spring loaded back sometime...

any pix from it yet ?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nice work Argus. Is the back missing springs at the loading gate? I only see the springs at the trailing edge of the spring back. Also, what pitch is the thread on the focusing rod?

Thank you

Barry Young
    cameramaker.com
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Argus...sweet! Have you thought about sharing your plans? I love the way you've built the front standard risers, and I'm fascinated by the back. Very nice indeed...congratulations!

May I ask where you got the bellows?

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Barry,

there's no spring missing at the back. The two springs present give enough tension to firmly hold the filmholder.
    The focussing rod is on 4mm, the next bigger size available was 8mm but I found that rather bulky. I must say that the 4mm needs too much of turning the wheel.
    6mm rod would be perfect, I think, but rack & pinion focussing would be even better!

Mongo,

the bellows is also home made.

Nick,

they are souped in Rodinal, but I didn't print them yet. The negs look nice, except for some exposure errors due to the weird f-scale on the Zeiss/Compur lens/shutter combo.

I learned a lot from using my previous model. Mostly in usability: it had a bulky back that was a pain to switch from portrait to landscape, not enough redundancy in preventing light leakes and was too heavy and large to take on a trip.
    I field tested the cambara II last weekend and encountered the need for a truly folding camera. It is possible with a slight adaptation of the back-to-bottom attachement.

As I just got (well... bought) a 8x10 film holder, that will be my winter project. I'd love to make contact prints of that size!!!

G

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    WOW All you that build your own cameras I am jsut blown away!

Those are some mighty fine looking cameras!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    WOW All you that build your own cameras I am jsut blown away!

Those are some mighty fine looking cameras!
    this site is great for getting into building cams, heaps of experience, humor and ideas about

If your looking at this category you're probably interested ?

jump right in and give it a go - yip

I found when making mine that the things that look hard aren't that hard after all...

except bellows.

@@££$$^%@W$ bellows

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the speedy reply Nick. That is an extremely interesting springback. I have never seen one like it. Is it your original design or did you find it somewhere? Again, nice work.

Barry Young
    cameramaker.com
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format

Poor Man's Polaroid 180

Anyone who has looked at the prices of these things on eb*y knows how costly they are. I made mine from a plastic Polaroid folder ($5) and the shutter from an MP-3 (part of a lot at an auction, less than $10) The lens is the front two elements from a Rodenstock Ysarex 105mm and the rear element from a 75 mm of the same line (both from the same auction lot). Somehow matches the 114 mm focal length of the folder perfectly. The Polaroid headbadge on the shutter is an added bonus. I will scan some pix taken with it soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails poormans_180_front.jpg   poormans_180_rside.jpg  
    Last edited by PhotoPete; 10-24-2005 at 08:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Exposure Control Holga

I got sick of the super wide range of density on my Holga negs- it made it impossible to get a decent contact print, so I wound up having to print every frame just to get a good look at it. To make this camera, I removed the Holga shutter assembly and hot-glued the retaining ring for this Prontor shutter to the front of the body. Next, I screwed the shutter onto the ring and hot-glued the Holga lens to it. For version 2, I hope to add some means to adjust the focus- right now it is hyperfocal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EC_Holga_lside.jpg   EC_Holga_front.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format

Eyeball Camera

Ok, this one was completely uncalled for. I took the remains of the lot of MP-3 parts won at auction and cobbled together this crime against camera craftmanship. It has a 28mm Rodenstock Ysarex for a lens, and the MP-3 bellows extension for a body. The dissected rubber eye hood keeps the subject (usually an eyeball) the correct distance from the lens. The 35mm film cannister acts as a diffuser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eyeball_rside.jpg   eyeball_full_rside.jpg   eyeball_front.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin