Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,472   Online: 1061

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What are you kidding? I think that you have done a wonderful thing here. I mean think about it. Does sinar or Linhoff or Horseman or ebony make an eyeball camera? Why no they don't. Take a bow man, you have won the 2005 award for coloring outside the lines. I applaud your creativity, your conviction and most of all the amazing amount of courage it takes to show the world what you have done knowing full well that some may scoff and poo poo such avant-guard adventures into camera modification.

I say Yeah!

Baeery Young
    cameramaker.com

[QUOTE=cobbled together this crime against camera craftmanship. [/QUOTE]
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RE: Exposure Control Holga

Regarding focus, at this point you might consider taking the shutter (with the Holga lens) off and putting it on an old folder. That is assuming that it's the lens aberrations that you love about the Holga and not the light leaks
    Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx
    Regarding focus, at this point you might consider taking the shutter (with the Holga lens) off and putting it on an old folder. That is assuming that it's the lens aberrations that you love about the Holga and not the light leaks
    Nathan
    Great idea! I never thought of that. I keep conceiving of the Holga body as just a film transport mechanism...I can't believe it never ocurred to me to replace it altogether...

Shooter
    35mm RF

Pinhole camera

I made this camera to test out my box jointing skills. I'm trying to design a 4x5 field camera now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0022.JPG   PICT0024.JPG  

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noexit
    I made this camera to test out my box jointing skills. I'm trying to design a 4x5 field camera now.
    Nicely done !! Simple and functional - I love it. Have you tried taking any pictures yet?

cheers

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have, but it had a light leak, so part of it is fogged. If it weren't fogged, the image would have been very sharp. I'll post a scan as soon as I have a chance to take another and actually scan it. My light leak turned out to be a gap in the seal I put between the holder and the camera.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

For the cine people here

An 'intervalometer' for a 16mm Bolex - a device used to drive cine cameras single shot capabilities periodically - this one also has the ability to set the amount of time the shutter is open during the cycle period - ie. if its f.p.s was 0.1 (1 frame every 10 seconds) I could adjust the shutter to be open for any fraction of that 10 seconds (within certain a range)

Cine people might find this snippet from an email I sent a friend recently helpful:

... adjustable duty cycle from ~%5- %95 (like shutter angle being 18deg - 342deg) with period anywhere from ~1.5 secs - whatever time you wish (ie. years+) ...

When the period is 1.5secs the shutter angle is effectively set at %50 on the T setting or very low on I (or the other way round cant remember which) - the longer the period the closer you can get the duty cycle (shutter angle) to %100

Its running using discrete logic timers and ripple counters (556, CMOS 4060 etc...) running off simple RC constants switching a relay which supplies the servo two different millisecond pulses blah blah technical etc...

I've had it running with a 18 sec period on already partially depleted AA's for 31 hours now - woohoo!

hopefully shoot some Baraka style stuff soon - but gotta build first:

an equatorial mount and glidecam kinda thingy - then a crystal sync motor ... the list goes on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whole.jpg   forward.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

8 x 20 Panoramic Picture Camera

Here is a camera that I built a couple of years ago. It took me about a year and a half to build in my spare time. I built the film holder first, then built the camera around the film holder. The hardest part seemed to be making the bellows. I am now designing a 14" x 17" camera. It will have its own built in rear extension. It will be similar to the Korona Pictorial View camera. I have 2 film holders that I purchased on Ebay, and will be building the camera around them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image05.jpg   Image02.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Beautiful job Cliff. Very nicely done.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    These are pictures of my 20x24. I used a Kodak Master 8x10 as an inspiration. It has full movements: front rise/fall, shift, tilt, swing, and rear tilt, swing. The back is geared for focusing. I have since put on the knobs for focusing. The bellows extend to 60 inches. The back is still in progress, but is being made around Jim Chinn's holders. I machined the front panel to accept Kodak Master lensboards so I don't have to switch any lenses. The entire camera, with exception of this panel, is aluminum. The total weight is just under 40 lbs. The pictures show it on a Ries model A tripod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0496.jpg   DSCN0497.jpg   DSCN0498.jpg   DSCN0499.jpg  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin