Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,516   Online: 774

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thank You barryjyoung

Just wanted to take a moment and say a big THANK YOU! to Barry Young. In one of the threads I inquired about where to get some spring/clips for the ground glass for my 8x10 Korona. Well, a couple of PM's back and forth from Barry...a bad drawing from me of what I needed and a week or so later I am the proud owner of 4 ground class springs/clips to hold the GG in place.

Wow, they look as good as the original and now I can replace that old piece of masking tape that has been on the camera for who knows how long

If you are in need of any LF camera hardware, would not hesitate to contact Barry.

Thanks Barry,
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just met the Virtual Barry myself. He's on the list of the Seattle Camera building. These guys are making 10 8x10 LF's. Its gonna be sweeeeeet. Everyone brings along their strengths. I'm trying to help out as best I could (in the virtual sense) with some computing stuff.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    I've just met the Virtual Barry myself. He's on the list of the Seattle Camera building. These guys are making 10 8x10 LF's. Its gonna be sweeeeeet. Everyone brings along their strengths. I'm trying to help out as best I could (in the virtual sense) with some computing stuff.
    ... And I met the ACTUAL barry. He's a good guy. Quite talented in the metal and wood shop. He, myself, my son, Steve, Doug, and Eric are going to have very nice new 8x10 cameras before the end of the year. A large part of our success will be the hard work and knowledge of Mr. Young.

When Eric gets his rear end up to Seattle this year, he too will meet the REAL Barry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I to had the opportunity to Virtually meet Barry the other day, this Seattle Camera group sounds like it is going to be an exciting new way to get into large format, I wish them the best of luck and if I can ever help, please let me know.

Dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Mike

I am glad you are happy with the GG clips. Thanks for the order.

Barry
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I to had the opportunity to Virtually meet Barry the other day, this Seattle Camera group sounds like it is going to be an exciting new way to get into large format, I wish them the best of luck and if I can ever help, please let me know.

Dave
    Actually Dave, I believe I'll be ordering 3 GG's from you in the 8x10 size before the end of the year. I think the other guys have the same plans but cannot confirm the fact

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow

Dave

Well. Dave. Funny you should ask. I'll be ordering 3 of your GG for some of the cameras. How's you backlog looking (still waiting on my 4x5 screen ordered early July).

Steve - unofficial Seattle Camera Makers co-leader (one of 9)
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823
    Well. Dave. Funny you should ask. I'll be ordering 3 of your GG for some of the cameras. How's you backlog looking (still waiting on my 4x5 screen ordered early July).

Steve - unofficial Seattle Camera Makers co-leader (one of 9)
    Steve,

Should not be to much longer, we are just finishing all of the June orders and getting them out, you have to understand, there are only two of us hand making these screens, and we are currently averaging over 300 orders per month! I have currently shut down our photography business, due to time constaints and we are getting them out as fast as possible, What started out as a "I wonder if anyone else would be interested" has become a fulltime plus business, and I am anal on the quality of what I put out..as stated on our website, we try very hard to get them out in 4-7 weeks, sometimes things do come up, but we try very hard to stay in that time frame.

If there is a problem as I have told everyone, I am more than willing to refund money so that you may secure glass from someone who can supply a bit quicker.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Dave parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

8x10 plans are ready

Hi:

Just a note, plans for the 8x10 Field Camera Model 1 just came back from the blueprint supply place, They are now available for sale. If you are interested, please email me at barryjyoung@yahoo.com. The plans will be available on my website as soon as I get it completed and up and running.

Thank you

Barry Young
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin