Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,231   Online: 836

Shooter
    Medium Format

polariod mp4 bellows

anyone know the dimensions of an mp4 bellows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some I will measure later tonight, and PM you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK. the thing arrived! It cost me $22 plus $13 s/h

It's 4.5 inches square at the lens board. and 5.5 inches square at the back. Fully extended it is about 11 inches long. The bellows and standard are attached to a huge geared double shaft. It's mighty BIG.

I bought it just for the bellows. MUCH cheaper than a new bellows anyplace else. Now if I can find a camera that it will fit.

Here's a pic of the thing.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...194/b1_1_b.jpg

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera? That looks like all the hard parts of an enlarger! All you need are a light head, negative carrier(s), lens boards, and a column with a means of adjusting height and locking it.

Alternately, it's a nearly-complete camera; lens board, Graflok or spring back adapter, and drill a tripod mount into the hefty cylindrical projection...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lucky dog. I'm a lucky dog.

I found an old Korona field camera on ebay. The camera is in nice shape but with a crumbly bellows. It just happens that the mp-4 bellows is the exact right size for the korona. It's too short to use the extension rail but will do nicely until a longer bellows comes along. Ain't I a lucky dog?

The next problem is finding a 4x5 back to fit. The Korona has a 3x4 back right now but was originally made for 4x5 I believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This gives a new meaning to the MP (Multi Purpose) component, of the cameras name.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I once heard a quote attributed to Edison, it went something like this:

"to be an inventor you need two things. a little bit of imagination and a lot of junk."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin