Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,649   Online: 880

Shooter
    Medium Format

Modifying a 70mm Hasselblad back for 35mm

Has anyone here ever modified a 70mm back to shoot 35mm film? I have seen conversions kits advertised on ebay and now someone is selling instructions. Seems like a good idea as I will probably never use the 70mm back otherwise. Thanks for your help. Richard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I know I've put 35mm through a Holga which is a 120 film 6x6 camera - You end up shooting right over the sprockets which is an interesting look -

The 35mm canister just fits into the gap for the usual 120 roll, from there you just wrap it around a 120 spool at the other end and away you go ... (you also have to cover up the red window and guess how far to wind it each time but its not too hard)

(darkroom/bag required)

perhaps you could just give it a go - maybe respool the 35mm into the usual 70mm spools ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to stick 46mm into 70mm cans. I just bought a 2nd Graflex back just for this. Some how I bet it'll be more involved with the Blad. IIRC it needs perforated film?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin