Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,070   Online: 957

Thread: Screw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Screw

I am looking for some small/miniature wood screws for mounting lens ring/flanges to wood lens boards. I also need some for repairs and building a new wood camera. Anyone know of good source for camera screws and repair/building materials?
    Thanks
    Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out mcmastercarr.com . I buy from them regularly and have found them to be a fantastic resoursce for all kinds of things. It's pretty much if they don't have it, I don't need it. They are also the most efficient and accomodating company I deal with.

Richard

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was looking at the McMasterCarr site then checked back and saw the referecnce, yes you are right they do have a LOT of items. The other sites are good too. I wish I could buy that lathe to make some knobs and threat some shafts!
    Thanks all
    Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually buy/order my miniature screws locally through tool-&-fastener shops (or even some electronic parts supply outlets). At least in my area, the folks are very helpful and knowledgeable with a quick turnaround. I prefer it this way, instead of ordering something on an hit-and-miss basis over the internet.

Cheers,
    Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just bought 200 each #1 and #0 wood screws in 1/4 and 1/2 inch lengths from microfasteners.com .The service was accurate and fast. The prices were great. I highly recommend them.

Barry Young
    cameramaker.com
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought several #0, #1 and #2 screws today in brass from our local hobby shop, they hobby shop carries and extensive gas powered airplane parts and such and keep a large selection of small brass screws as well as micro drill bits and such, it is the only local place I have found that has many things that work great for camera building.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I just bought several #0, #1 and #2 screws today in brass from our local hobby shop, they hobby shop carries and extensive gas powered airplane parts and such and keep a large selection of small brass screws as well as micro drill bits and such, it is the only local place I have found that has many things that work great for camera building.

Dave
    Fully agree here - a well stocked hobby store can be a gold mine. I bought brass plates just a few weeks ago from my local store (to rebuilt some parts for an run-down Ansco). Unfortunatelly, they don't carry much in miniature screws - but the electronic supply store just across orders them in for me within two days (little 080" inch suckers LOL, I needed THREE, but they only come in quantities of 100).

Cheers,
    CHris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Geez!!! I am a model builder, why didn't I think of the hobby shop? I feel so stupid. I know they have them, just never put the two hobbies together in my head. Sheesh! Of course they have small screws. Duh. Here I am cruising the net for weeks looking for these dang small screws, giving my credit card number to someone who is probably selling them and waiting a week for something my hobby shop has on the shelf. Harumpf!

Barry Young
    cameramaker.com
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went to the local hobby shop and they had small brass screws. I think they are #1, 3/8" long. They have a lot of neat stuff. If you want a few it's ok, but if you want 100 then some of the online sites are better. Often all you need is a one or two, then it's off to the hobby shop. I picked up some flat black Tessors enamel paint while I was there. I like it for the back of lens boards.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin