Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    John:

I've taken measurements from my Mamiya Super....snipped....

Matt
    Thank you for the measurements Matt. That's a pretty compact assembly with a fairly large opening. I'll keep an eye open for something like that in the scrapper piles at the flea markets.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    they have a full range of shutter speeds and the shutters seem to work in all temperature ranges without too much trouble. I wonder if the adaptation would be more work than it's worth?

Just a thought...
    Okay I got to ask. Do you really need a full range of speeds? A #3 goes to what 1/125? With LF even with fast film how often are you using speeds even close to that?

FWIW I've got a couple of shutters off some sort of school equipment. Flash card like things. They mount on the front of lenses. Nice for some barrel lenses that aren't worth the money to mount into normal shutters. I don't think front mounting a MF camera would be that hard. Take a Kiev 60 remove the back and mirror. figure some thing out to hold the remaining body in front of the lens with the lens inside the old front of the camera.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Okay I got to ask. Do you really need a full range of speeds? A #3 goes to what 1/125? With LF even with fast film how often are you using speeds even close to that?
    Hi Nick,

Ummm no, I don't really need the full range, I was more thinking and typing at the same time (a bad thing to do when I think slower than I type and I can't type anyway ).

FWIW I've got a couple of shutters off some sort of school equipment. Flash card like things.
    They sound interesting too - I've never seen one - any chance of posting a digi-pic?

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The closest I come to digi things is the flatbed scanner-) It's a shutter with basically a piece of pipe behind it. The pipe has set screws that fasten to the outside of a barrel lens. Shutter actually has an aperture to but I never use it. One of mine is in pretty good shape the other one is slow at some speeds. No flash sync.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin