Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,015   Online: 689

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    for my next cam I'm going to make Sponge-Bob Square Pants bellows -

Will paint the other side of the material black tho ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder
    for my next cam I'm going to make Sponge-Bob Square Pants bellows -

Will paint the other side of the material black tho ...
    uhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhh, sounds very kewl - don'f forget to give that cam a matching paint job too

I better stick to something more conventional though

Chris

PS: How about a zebra finish to the bellows?
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ben_blue
    uhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhh, sounds very kewl - don'f forget to give that cam a matching paint job too

I better stick to something more conventional though

Chris

PS: How about a zebra finish to the bellows?
    Zebra Finish would be cool, I remember back when I was a competing archer and showed up at a prissy tournament with a Zebra finished bow, talk about a sensation, and of course Ted Nugent, took it to the extreme...I still have that bow and love it...

Zebra finish is great!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi-

I made a bellows for my 8x10 Eastman 2D. I used white blackout curtain material (ensures light proofing) on the outside, and coated this with thin nylon. I was able to find the nylon in pretty much any color, and got one that was a close match to the original red/maroon bellows. Both the blackout curtain (mostly available in only white) and the nylon are thin, so you dont have to worry about everything getting too thick. Inside the blackout curtain, I put the black cardstock ribs, and covered this on the inside with a thin black cloth. This "three-ply", all glued with 3M spray adhesive, has worked very well. I have a bellows that fully compresses to allow folding of the camera, and can extend to 30". All of the materials are readily available at any fabric shop.

it's a lot of work to make the bellows, but very satisfying when it's done.

cheers

Tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    I like the Zebra idea! With today's fabrics and vinyls there would be an interesting opportunity for some company to produce 'designer bellows' in various outrageous colors and patterns. Retro 60's psychedelics... It may create a resurgence in bellows cameras?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV
    I like the Zebra idea! With today's fabrics and vinyls there would be an interesting opportunity for some company to produce 'designer bellows' in various outrageous colors and patterns. Retro 60's psychedelics... It may create a resurgence in bellows cameras?
    Rich,

We have been considering introducing some exotic wood field cameras, I have a good friend that makes bows out of some wild looking woods and can purchase his scrapes for some really cheap prices, could you imagine a Zebra Wood Field with Zebra striped bellows, wow, what a change!

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, we've had "Zone VI", how about "Zebra VII"?

I actually like the idea of new exotic wood (and bellows) field cameras. Hassy and Mamiya did some exotics on their MF gear so it's not too far fetched.

unfortunately, I'd probably have to sell all my cameras in order to be able to buy one...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV
    Well, we've had "Zone VI", how about "Zebra VII"?

I actually like the idea of new exotic wood (and bellows) field cameras. Hassy and Mamiya did some exotics on their MF gear so it's not too far fetched.

unfortunately, I'd probably have to sell all my cameras in order to be able to buy one...
    Rich,

Believe it or not, I, after looking at labor costs and material costs, don't think it would be much more expensive to produce one that what the current line of Shen cameras costs, myself personally find some of the prices that are charged for field cameras to be rediculous....talk about profit...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh my god - I have created a MONSTER with that zebra finish idea LOL. But it would look very kewl; maybe I go for it when refinishing one of my Anscos this winter (I'll report on it's acceptance by the public ;-) ).

Tim - your method sounds very intriguing; one more option for me to consider now.

Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sheesh, you guys.

Next you'll make a translucent bellows to match your original I-mac and your George Foreman grill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin