Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,449   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone repaired a Rapax shutter?

I've got a Rapax that cocks but won't release. Has anyone repaired this before? Do I dare try it? So far I've had success with Wollensak Optimo's and B&L Volutes but nothing more sophisticated. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a messed up Rapax for a 90mm lens. I took it apart and couldn't get it back right. I sent it to Carol at Flutot's...she pointed out that it was a pretty complex shutter. As I recall, it wasn't trivial to get it back together again.

If you try it, as I recall, there were some screws inside that held one of the plates down--turned out that they were *not* identical. Keep track of things!

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80
    I've got a Rapax that cocks but won't release. Has anyone repaired this before? Do I dare try it? So far I've had success with Wollensak Optimo's and B&L Volutes but nothing more sophisticated. Thanks!
    I'd just send it to Carol in Whittier (AKA Flutot's Camera Repair). For $45 plus postage, she'll have that thing running and looking like new - not exagerating.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i've never fixed a rapax shutter, but i did take the plate off of one that grimes camera repair ( not sk grimes, but the outfit in downtown boston ) had cla'd for me. i found red beard clippings in it.

word to the wise, wear a showercap

- john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin