Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,931   Posts: 1,522,190   Online: 1119

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Do MP3/4 Copal Shutters function differently ?

I am building a 3 shutter camera and have been buying MP3 and MP4 copals for this purpose. The last one I bought seems to work perfectly except that when you release the shutter it opens to about 90% and then you must relax the cable release in order for it to complete it's operation. I thought that this might be a defect but a friend said that perhaps this shutter was used in conjuction with another shutter or some form of lighting etc... that required a lag thus the hesitation was designed into it from the start.

Can anyone give me a run down on the shutters available from MP3 and MP4 Polaroid cameras?

Thanks in advance.
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. I have two ex-MP-4 Copal 1s, one ex-CU5 Copal 1. All work normally. If the cable release you used with it works properly on your other shutters, your last one probably needs service.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin