Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,239   Online: 945

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I recently used rubberized undercoating spray (Bondo brand) to coat the baffles of a pair of speakers refurbished, and I can recommend it as an alternative. It's a mess to use but remains flexible and doesn't smell bad very long.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, with camera now in hand, I see an additional snag -- the bellows is on the thick side, and possibly longer than it needs to be. With a 135 mm lens mounted, the bellows is so compressed as to allow virtually no movements, and I'm not completely certain it would allow infinity focus with that focal length (haven't rearranged the standards vs. tripod mount to allow getting things that close together to be sure), yet there's lots of folds left when I extend the bellows to the limit the supplied rail allows; the bellows itself look as if it would accommodate 400 mm or more of extension between lens board and ground glass.

Upgrading the rail to a longer one with the tripod mount separated from the rail (is it still a "monorail" camera if you have the rail supported at the ends by a second rail carrying the tripod mount?) won't be any big deal, and I was planning to make a bag bellows anyway, so not insurmountable -- but adding still more thickness to this bellows isn't a good idea, I think. I'll have to look at the coating options to see which ones will add the least thickness as well as keeping stiffness down.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Flat black fabric paint will more than likely do the trick.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Ole, Ole, Ole...man oh man.

Make sure you keep that Latex stuff out of your nostrils...
    Murray

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin