Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,101   Online: 1109

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Praise for Neoprene foam supplier Jon Goodman

I followed a reference from Bob Fowler's site to this guy who sells foam for light seals and such. His name is Jon Goodman and I emailed him and asked about getting a 4"x4" piece to use with a small packard shutter I got from Jim Galli (it's all connected don't you know). Jon emailed me back just now and is sending me the piece for free. He said he had some left over and it was no big deal.

I think this really is a big deal. Sure it's one piece but any store, online or otherwise would have charged me. Jon didn't have to comp the piece but he did and I wanted others to know about this resource. I'm not saying he's giving everyone free stuff, but if you're looking to do some light seal work you should contact this guy. It was a hell of a first impression.

His email: JGood21967@aol.com and on ebay as seller: interslice

Have a great weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon is also an APUG member.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, MenacingTourist, I bought a light seal kit from him on eBay. It costed nothing and will last forever, an excellent deal. He's also one of the friendliest sellers I've met on eBay.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another A+ from me.
    The best deal I have made on ebay. He even sent me the specific instructions to replace the foam seals in my little Olympus XA.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought several kits from Jon. He also supplies instructions for specific cameras. He is truly the light seal King!

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes! One more High Mark for Jon and his light seal kits. Great guy, and super friendly, ships quick, great instructions, not much else to say

Best
    Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Agreed! I've bought from Jon, and will do so again.
    —Eric

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You would be hard pressed to find a more professional person to deal with. Top notch man in my book.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought one kit and completely resealed two Mamiya 645's like the instructions called for. Took them to Paris and had no light leaks. The materials are of the highest quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to join the Jon-fest... I agree with all the above. He also ships overseas so there's no excuses for anyone to miss out on nice gunge-free light seals...

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin