Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,703   Online: 912

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need the help of a machinist...

I just got a Majestic head to use with my Calumet Green Monster. I have a Davis & Sanford Model C tripod which the head fits just fine, but I'd like to be able to use it on my Bogen 3036 as well. There are a couple of adapters out there (B&H will special order them) that will allow the slip on head to be used on my 3036, but I'm not crazy about the way they are made.

While I can handle woodwork and most sheet metal work, this one is beyond my current tool set. What I'd like is a single piece of steel machined as to the picture I've attached to this posting.

If you can help. please PM me with an estimate of the cost.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adapter-01.jpg  
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Woohoo!

Within just a few hours, I had a couple of very generous APUGers come to the rescue! Thanks guys!!!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob,
    Just read your post, not a difficult job, but it looks like everything is taken care of annd under controll now.

Charlie.............................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just read the post. Easy part to make. I have a metal lathe with a milling attachment, and have made quite a few parts and adapters for photographer friends. Maybe I can help someone next time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in If any one need something made that require a lathe or a mill I can help.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Can you guys with lathes cut 25tpi?

I don't have a job for you but many years ago I was asked to make adaptors for lens cells into a shutter, 25tpi.........couldn't do it and never seen a lathe that had that pitch on it.

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I need also one and tried several times to write emails to Adam at SK Grimes but the mails came back.
    I need urgent a adapter lensboard for my Burke & James to Sinar boards any ideay whats going on with the Grimes company?
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    I need also one and tried several times to write emails to Adam at SK Grimes but the mails came back.
    I need urgent a adapter lensboard for my Burke & James to Sinar boards any ideay whats going on with the Grimes company?
    Are you trying to put B&J boards on a Sinar or the other way around? Lensboards and adapters are usually a piece of cake. I just came in from the shop where I was working on making an adapter to let me use the 4.5" square boards on my Toyo monorail.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Bob:

Let me know if things don't work out, I can help.

Barry Young
    cameramaker.com
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin