Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,518   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a heads up for those who are looking for bellows material, he also sells sheets up to 1m x 3m (roughly 39" x 117")

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Hi Jon,..thanks for the reply, the link to the other thread and the offer. I have measured the MT material and it is 0.3mm and the Japanese is 0.2mm -...Cheers, Norm
    Hi Norm - Please don't spend the bucks on the Japanese material until I confirm the thickness. I was going by memory so give me some time to confirm if you are close to an order. Mr. Asahi himself may know the thickness.

Also, I may be interested in more cloth myself. The 5x7 Press that I so lovingly lubricated (but did not swap out the curtain) became so freewheeling that it snapped the dang curtain the first time I actually set it up and tried a real shot. This was after at least ten successful test firings!! Next time I will just rebuild as a matter of course and be done with it. In any case, if we do a joint purchase maybe we can save a few bucks.

Thanks,
    J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon koss
    Mr. Asahi himself may know the thickness.

J
    Hi Jon,

Mr. Asahi listed the thickness of his cloth on his website, which I found in the old thread you linked to - and which looked familiar upon visiting it. Must have been there before.

About a joint purchase: how do you figure we do that, seeing that I am located in Europe and you in the States. Don't get me wrong, I'm all ears, but I don't see what your plan is.

Cheers,
    Norm

who hasn't ordered anything yet...
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Norm, sorry, this thread slipped off my radar screen. Have you ordered anything by chance? If so, do you have any observations? As far as a joint purchase, the only thing that comes to mind: if committing to a large buy lowers the price dramatically, then it might be worth shipping the "master roll" to one address and then parceling it out from there. Sort of like the Amidol thread a while back. Don't worry, no offense taken on the joint purchase concern. This would not be my first scatter-brained idea! By the way, the Press Graflex is still taunting me from the shelf in the closet, much like the telltale heart. It really needs some attention!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Hi Jon,
    Mr. Asahi listed the thickness of his cloth on his website, which I found in the old thread you linked to - and which looked familiar upon visiting it. Must have been there before.
    About a joint purchase: how do you figure we do that, seeing that I am located in Europe and you in the States. Don't get me wrong, I'm all ears, but I don't see what your plan is.
    Cheers, Norm who hasn't ordered anything yet...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bringing back an old thread here...

Did you ever figure out a suitable shutter curtain material?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin